GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Can your boss monitor web use ?"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 29/11/02 at 10:16
Regular
A friend of mine has started a new job and his boss has told him not to abuse his internet access and that he can monitor it's use.
I told him to delete the usual things (history etc), is his boss pulling his plonker or can it be done ?
Fri 29/11/02 at 21:18
Regular
"Dont come here ofte"
I have to use Windows NT at work and our IT guys take control of our mouse etc just for laugh, they can obviously also call up my screen display on theirs at the push of a button or two.
Fri 29/11/02 at 20:50
Regular
"Chavez, just hush.."
I meant to say the new software on our network at school!

They got new everything!

We can't do anything without being hunted down...
Fri 29/11/02 at 20:46
Regular
"Eff, you see, kay?"
You mean VNC? That's ancient...
Fri 29/11/02 at 20:10
Regular
"Chavez, just hush.."
The new software that is being used allows admin. to view your screen and actually take control of it without you being able to do anything!

Can't play games at school anymore!
Fri 29/11/02 at 19:28
Regular
"How Handy."
Thanks for that insight garre.
Fri 29/11/02 at 18:43
Regular
"Want a cd key.."
Yes. If he has the right tools and knows how to use them. Poke Garin for info.. he knows too much about computers :o)
Fri 29/11/02 at 14:22
Regular
""
Depends if you use a PC on a network. Most large and even not so large companies use a proxy server to access the net while alot of people these days have set up their own network at home. Either way, unless you can get delete access to the PC or server that is acting as the gateway to the internet, to delete things like temporary files, cookies, history links etc then everything can be traced. Most companies would have alert and logging programs installed on their web servers too, so you would need to get access to these. Email programs such as M$ Outlook and Lotus Notes all get send via an Exchange server, so again, footprints are left here.

If you use a stand alone PC with a dial-up connection, then youre more likely to have the appropriate access be able to delete the temporary files, cookies and your history, so most of your tracks would be covered.

Sounds like your friend has unrestricted access, if his boss is making the point of telling them, so obviously its open to abuse.
Fri 29/11/02 at 13:03
Regular
"Dont come here ofte"
thanks Garin
Fri 29/11/02 at 10:57
Regular
"Devil in disguise"
The short answer is yes.

Potentially your friends boss can monitor all aspects of your friends net usage, ie how much he browses the web, what sites he visits, how much email does he send/receive, how much downloading has he done and any other questions he feels like getting the answers to. All depends on the monitoring system thats in place of course.
Fri 29/11/02 at 10:16
Regular
"Dont come here ofte"
A friend of mine has started a new job and his boss has told him not to abuse his internet access and that he can monitor it's use.
I told him to delete the usual things (history etc), is his boss pulling his plonker or can it be done ?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.