GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Have you had a problem with your playstation 2?"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 15/12/00 at 13:36
Regular
I am just interested to hear about anyone who has had any problems with their playstation or knows anyone that has.

I got my PS2 on launch day after putting a deposit down in march and then saving every spare penny to enable me to pay it off outright with a couple of games.
After playing my machine for a total of 3 weeks the thing has DIED!!!! when say it has died what I mean is that everytime you turn the machine on it asks you to check the language and date/time again, the picture is all fussy with the colour distorted, and if that wasn't enough the CD rom has died as well. If you exject the draw instead of smoothly sliding out the whole thing now shoots out like a catapult along with what sounds like the ejector motor constantly tunring causing a high pitched wine.

Ok, so what are Sony going to do about it?? Well they have agreed to exchange the console, but this will not be until the 22/12/00, does anyone else feel that this is a ridiculous time scale seeing as I have spent close to £500 and they can't even get me a new playstation within a couple of days. Lets compate this with a company I work for, the company in question is Virgin Mobile, now if you had a faulty mobile phone then we would have an exchange done on that the next day, regardless of if its the cheap model or an expensive model via a courier (Sony also use a courier)
Fri 15/12/00 at 13:36
I am just interested to hear about anyone who has had any problems with their playstation or knows anyone that has.

I got my PS2 on launch day after putting a deposit down in march and then saving every spare penny to enable me to pay it off outright with a couple of games.
After playing my machine for a total of 3 weeks the thing has DIED!!!! when say it has died what I mean is that everytime you turn the machine on it asks you to check the language and date/time again, the picture is all fussy with the colour distorted, and if that wasn't enough the CD rom has died as well. If you exject the draw instead of smoothly sliding out the whole thing now shoots out like a catapult along with what sounds like the ejector motor constantly tunring causing a high pitched wine.

Ok, so what are Sony going to do about it?? Well they have agreed to exchange the console, but this will not be until the 22/12/00, does anyone else feel that this is a ridiculous time scale seeing as I have spent close to £500 and they can't even get me a new playstation within a couple of days. Lets compate this with a company I work for, the company in question is Virgin Mobile, now if you had a faulty mobile phone then we would have an exchange done on that the next day, regardless of if its the cheap model or an expensive model via a courier (Sony also use a courier)
Wed 20/12/00 at 21:46
Regular
Aha, no swearing in this forum mate.
And people have had alot of trouble with their PS2's take alook around.
Thu 21/12/00 at 09:20
"High polygon count"
There have been problems, but there are far more very satisfied owners.
Thu 21/12/00 at 11:14
Regular
Pre-ordering in March, and paying nearly £500, suggests an imported unit. Is this true, or is the £500 including games etc... and the March pre-order form an unofficial one?
Thu 21/12/00 at 14:51
It took Sony nearly two weeks to replace my faulty machine. This was after they'd initially said it would take 5 days, and then delayed for a week due to a cockup on their part. At least you got 3 weeks usage out of yours. My machine was dead out of the box on launch day.
Fri 22/12/00 at 21:26
Well i'm now onto my THIRD PS2. First one had a faulty DVD Drive. Got a replacement after two weeks! The second was was ALSO!! faulty and worse than the first one. It also had a faulty drive but came with a fualty chipset aswell for good measure. I'm now getting a third one sent to me for the 8th of Jan. I hope this will be third time lucky because this is getting absolutely ridiculous!
Fri 22/12/00 at 22:55
Regular
"Jim Jam Jim"
I pre-ordered mine Feb 26th which was the day after SR started taking pre-orders. So pre-ordering in March would'nt get you an imported one. The 500 quid TWIN spent would be with games as well as I spent 490 quid with a extra controller , memory card and 4 games. With all these problems Sony better do something as people might give up on the console and not bother about it. I understand that Sony cant get the consoles out to replace broken ones as with not many consoles aviable its hard to supply what you havent got.
Sat 23/12/00 at 01:42
This is where the mystery question is. Sony do not have any Consoles that they can forward onto Pre-Order Customers. And then all of a sudden, they have an Unlimited Supply to send to customers with faulty Consoles, and then with the fact there was a Batch of PS2's in a select few Tesco Stores. So if Sony can send these consoles here, there, and everywhere, then why can't they continue with going through the Pre-Order customers. Now I already got my Console on Launch day, I am just thinking af it from all your points of view!!!
Sat 23/12/00 at 03:56
Sony has to have spare consoles for faulty models.

Tesco's get there consoles form other countries, they do this with lots of things. cloths, t.v's hi-fi's...
thas why levi took them to court.
Sat 23/12/00 at 09:56
hey Pulsed out havent seen you in a long time .................. MERRY_CHRISTMAS???????

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.