GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"When you were little..."

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 14/10/08 at 11:09
Regular
"WhaleOilBeefHooked"
What did you want to be?

Watched Mr Deeds a few days ago and near the end he asks everyone what they wanted to be. Pretty much everyone weren't what they dreamed of being so I was wondering how close everyone here has got to their childhood dreams? Whether it's dream job or achievement or whatever.

'I wanted to be a vet...'
'And what do you do now, sir?'
'I run a slaughter house.'
'OK then... kinda went in the opposite direction there didn't you.'
Fri 17/10/08 at 21:17
Regular
Maybe I'll just learn a foreign language, go live in a foreign country and work as an attache in an embassy instead.
Fri 17/10/08 at 01:01
Regular
Ladybird wrote:
like Kawada! :)

I've got a funny feeling he might advise you against this!
Thu 16/10/08 at 21:53
Regular
"@optometrytweet"
Comrade Alfonse wrote:
> I want to be a billionaire playboy/socialite. I don't care if
> it's shallow and ridiculous, I think it would be amazing.

I think it would! If you reacj that goal, remember me Alfonse!

I always wanted to be a dentist. Didn't quite get the grades/I wasn't the right person for their snobby university, so been all over the place (as most of you know).

Oddly enough, my new job at Bristol Eye Hospital is next door to the Dental Hospital I would have trained at and probably would have worked out for some years after. It is also directly next door to where my mum started out her career.

What are the odds? It's about 10 miles away from my hometown and in a huge city :S
Thu 16/10/08 at 20:58
Regular
"Mooching around"
A mathematician/scientist since around year 2 or 3, still on track :)
Thu 16/10/08 at 20:51
Regular
I had some ambitions to become a CPA when I was in my early twenties. I earned my degree in accounting and somehow landed in the mortgage industry instead. After several years of making great money facilitating bad loans, I chucked that shifty career for a simple and stable life in the Army.. and watched as the mortgage industry unfurled, restructured, and brought the economy to it's knees.

Now, I crunch numbers and kick down doors for a living. Heh, who knew I'd be here at this stage in my life?? I do know that it's not where I want to end up. My goal is to finish my MBA, learn a foreign language and live in a foreign country somewhere as a teacher.. like Kawada! :)
Wed 15/10/08 at 09:47
"possibly impossible"
I never really had any ambitions at school, short of getting home as fast as possible. School bored me, apart from maybe English lessons and getting time on the BBC Micros at lunch and breaks (yes, I was a true geek).

So writing was always a love of mine, though reading some of the stuff I wrote back then, I'm glad i've progressed! I wrote a tale called A Ghost of a Chance which had more bad jokes than I care to mention and another one called The Chase, which was just a rehash of The Duel (must have watched it on TV the week before).
Wed 15/10/08 at 01:15
Regular
When I was about five I wanted to be a forensic psychologist, but now I'm trying to become a doctor instead
Tue 14/10/08 at 17:14
Regular
I want to be a billionaire playboy/socialite. I don't care if it's shallow and ridiculous, I think it would be amazing.
Tue 14/10/08 at 16:13
Regular
"Monochromatic"
spoonbeast wrote:
> i never thought much about it. Being a successful museum curator
> or maybe a role in IT and thats it.
>
> Everytime someone asks me what is your dream in life, i simply
> insult them by saying i want to be galactic emperor of the
> universe with a prosperous happy empire to go along with it.

My reply has always been "Wife, kids, world domination, the usual"
Tue 14/10/08 at 16:11
Regular
"eat toast!"
i never thought much about it. Being a successful museum curator or maybe a role in IT and thats it.

Everytime someone asks me what is your dream in life, i simply insult them by saying i want to be galactic emperor of the universe with a prosperous happy empire to go along with it.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.