GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Fable 2"

The "Xbox Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Fable II'.
Tue 14/10/08 at 10:05
Regular
"THFC"
Well i knew of the game (the original) and i had heard about a sequeal, it was one of those games that i wanted to play but never had the Xbox to do so.

I am keen to pick the second one and get my teeth into it as it looks to be a great game with so much deoth and longevity. I found the achievement list for the game and posted them in the cheats and as i was going through it i was just thinking, wow that would be cool to do, and that sounds good.

Really can't wait for this title now, the co-op looks great and the depth of having children, getting STD's and being able to purchase any property sounds great. Really the kind of game i must have!

I read that all your online friends will appear as orbs where they are in the game, unless you invite them into your world. So hopefully plenty of people will be getting this one and we can all have some co-op fun.

Any news people have on this game would be great if you can post it here for everyone and also let people know if your going to pick it up, if you think you will be good or evil. The usual things. But really excited about playing this game and it is a nice feeling to have (especially when it is not that far away)

Hopefully this game will be as special as it looks and we can all have some co-op fun (think im looking forward to killing random people or people's husbands and wives lol - but will probably stay about neautral alignment, not sure yet!)

Anyway - let me know what your thoughts on the game are.
Sat 21/11/09 at 11:18
Regular
im buying all fable 2 hero dolls apart from teresa message me on xbox live if your willing to sell me any i pay gold to an extent if the price is reasonable my xbl tag is t bone plox : D
Thu 23/10/08 at 15:46
Regular
"THFC"
pb wrote:
> Yep, big and interesting multiplayer element and with the whole
> fire thing it should be different enough from a standard shooter.

Hmmmm - i may have to get it then, hope i win another voucher in the next few weeks or maybe trade some old stuff in.

I didnt know it was online - i looked for footage and found nothing
Thu 23/10/08 at 15:37
"possibly impossible"
Yep, big and interesting multiplayer element and with the whole fire thing it should be different enough from a standard shooter.
Thu 23/10/08 at 15:30
Regular
"THFC"
pb wrote:
> hm. I could get this too. The problem is that I need to wait
> for my 360 to come back before I can play it.
>
> Also Farcry 2 is out tomorrow and getting some very good reviews
> from websites and players.
>
> Fable II or Farcry 2, that is the question!

I have had this aswell, but then you also got GoW2 and Fallout 3 in the mix.

Think i need to save some more money! lol. I dont think i will start Fable for a while, but as it is not really reliant on Online it will not matter, a few of my friends should get it soon so i will start it then!

Has farcry got online pb?? i couldnt find anything about it!
Thu 23/10/08 at 15:28
"possibly impossible"
hm. I could get this too. The problem is that I need to wait for my 360 to come back before I can play it.

Also Farcry 2 is out tomorrow and getting some very good reviews from websites and players.

Fable II or Farcry 2, that is the question!
Thu 23/10/08 at 14:15
Regular
"THFC"
Well i have chosen to get Fable for winning yesterday, really looking forward to getting this one started. Looks like it will have plenty to offer and keep my pretty tied up for some time.
Wed 15/10/08 at 10:08
Regular
"THFC"
Cool - i got loads of games on my hit list aswell. Going through Lost Odessey at the moment, which seems to be a good game.

But getting Fable for my Birthday on the 9th of November. So will have to try get as much done before then as possible lol

Will have to add everyone on here using Fable 2 so we can see their characters spirit in the world
Tue 14/10/08 at 22:33
Regular
"Copyright: FM Inc."
This is my most anticipated game this year, nothing else comes remotely close.

Unfortunately, and crazily, this month also saw me putting in orders/claiming freebies for Infinite Undiscovery, Wrath of the Lich King, Sacred 2, Fallout 3, Saint's Row 2 and Assassin's Creed so I won't be picking up Fable 2 until November 1st. At which point there are another 8 or so games I'm looking at picking up, so not sure if I'll ever get a chance to play any of them.

If you haven't already played Fable (get The Lost Chapters version, more levels to play around in) it's compatible with the 360 (just need to update it via a Live patch) and highly recommended, it's in a niche of its own when it comes to RPGs.

It's one of those games you can just boot up and, after the initial training sections, completely ignore the plot and just go running off to do your own thing and make your own adventure, which is exactly what I like in my RPGs.
Tue 14/10/08 at 11:47
Regular
"WhaleOilBeefHooked"
Does sound very good, will definitely be picking up a copy when it's released. One worry I had was the introduction of guns into the game, but hopefully it won't simply be a case of whoever has a gun can win easily. I enjoyed all the swords, axes and maces from the original (admittedly the fights weren't that challenging as it was a simple case of block, attack, block, attack etc. but that's apparently going to be improved). Will have to wait and see, does really look fantastic though. A lot more freedom I hope!
Tue 14/10/08 at 11:18
Regular
"THFC"
i got the 3 piece chicken suit waiting for me lol

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.