GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"dvd ratio"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 15/12/00 at 07:23
Regular
hi
ive got ps2 model scph-30002 running with av connector and when i first got it i could change the screen ratio on all my dvds matrix,romeo must die,mib,gladiator etc. and now i cant its stuck on 16:9 ive tryed cleaning them connecting throught different av connectors on my tv any other suggestion because ive tryed everything i can think and it still not working
Sun 13/05/01 at 22:31
Regular
"Back For Good"
markh wrote:
> You can change the screen ratio in the DVD Setup menu. BUT you first
> have to stop the DVD, and then access the Setup menu. The different
> options can then be changed. If the DVD is playing, the options are
> locked, for some reason.

THANKYOU,
i rung up sony cus i was sick of 9ft skinny people on my tv,they're weren't very smart,but it works.
stop your dvd then go into setup and you get 4:3 pan scan,4:3 bars and 16:9 THANKYOU MARK H
Sun 13/05/01 at 17:29
Regular
I watch it was intended. Naked. :-) No, seriously, I watch them the way they come, not altered by the PS2 to make it fill my 4:3 screen TV.
Sun 13/05/01 at 12:21
You can change the screen ratio in the DVD Setup menu. BUT you first have to stop the DVD, and then access the Setup menu. The different options can then be changed. If the DVD is playing, the options are locked, for some reason.
Sat 12/05/01 at 23:26
Regular
"Eff, you see, kay?"
Improve your grammar.

Anyway, I had this. I don't know how to stop it, but it's no biggie so don't worry.
Sat 12/05/01 at 20:13
Regular
"Back For Good"
The Playstation 2 will only play the DVD how it is put onto the disc.so if it is for widescreen tv the people will be squashed into a square (unless you have a widescreen tv) if it has bars at the top it will be ok on any tv.if it is in a square it will be fine.

DVD players can adjust any DVD to fit your screen correctly.PS2 will only play the disc how it is encoded.the tv type option is only changeable if availible on the disc which I've never ever seen. so pretty much the DVD player is worthless on a square tv unless you can adjust it on your tv set.
Fri 15/12/00 at 11:11
Regular
"Jim Jam Jim"
I have a 4:3 tv I've set the PS2 as Fullscreen on the browser. When player a DVD the Ratio chosen is 16:9. I try to change it but it seems that the only option it 16:9. I havent tried putting the Browser in any other display apart from Fullscreen.
Fri 15/12/00 at 07:29
Try the screen size setting in the PS2 setup screen.
I got stuck like this and was watching stretched pictures for a while, because once running the PS2 would not change it.

I think I set it from 4:3 to 16:9 and then when you fire up the DVD it will let you select letterbox, pan-scan etc....

It is not clear from the manual.
Good luck.
Fri 15/12/00 at 07:23
hi
ive got ps2 model scph-30002 running with av connector and when i first got it i could change the screen ratio on all my dvds matrix,romeo must die,mib,gladiator etc. and now i cant its stuck on 16:9 ive tryed cleaning them connecting throught different av connectors on my tv any other suggestion because ive tryed everything i can think and it still not working

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.