GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Tokyo Game Show 2008"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 09/10/08 at 11:03
"possibly impossible"
Tokyo Game Show tends to be the last chance of the year for big announcements from the 3 big console companies as well as all the third parties. So TGS is usually met with a lot of excitement (and not because of all the Japanese models dressed as Anime and RPG characters!). Today was Day 1 of the event and we can expect more announcements from companies like Sony tomorrow.

Microsoft
MS yet again had some big announcements that will please fans and annoy Sony fans.

- Tekken 6 - Yes, the Playstation series is coming to 360. The new Tekken game in the arcade is based on the same hardware as Playstation 3 so it’ll be interesting to see if it changes for the Xbox. Out winter 2009

- Ninety Nine Nights 2 - The first wasn’t really a big hit, but it looked nice and had a sexy witch. We’ll have to wait to see if the sequel is any good.

- More XBLA games - Metal Slug 7, Space Invaders Extreme, Arkanoid Live, King of Fighters '98, R-Type Dimensions. So, basically re-hashing old 80’s and 90’s classics. Meteos Wars out as well.

- Xbox Experience - 19th November for the Xbox Experience, which is the new front end for the 360 with avatars, a new look and a bunch of other functionality. It’s already been discussed to death elsewhere, so I won’t go in to detail suffice to say there were no real revelations.

- Halo Wars - Set 20 years before Halo 1, so no flood then.

- Halo 3: Recon - Going to be a new hero, so not Master Chief. Basically, Halo 3 with different maps, earlier story and different main star.

Sony
Sony hasn’t been very vociferous about it’s games, more is promised tomorrow, but has shown trailers for new releases:

- Patapon 2 – The cult PSP game gets a sequel. Simple but very addictive (the tune will be going around in your head for ages).

- PSP Direct Store Access – Instead of downloading from PS3 or PC, you will be able to access the store directly from the PSP.

Third Parties
Third parties have been showing off new game titles:

- No More Heroes 2 – Suda is yet again writing the script, so expect it to be like the first game (but hopefully even better).

- Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days – The Disney themed RPG is back and on DS this time. There were demo levels available to play.

- Square Enix – Trailers for Dragon Quest IX (DS), Final Fantasy Fables: Chocobo's Dungeon (DS), Chocobo Tales 2, Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: Echoes of Time (Wii and DS), Valkyrie Profile (DS).

More news as it happens.
Fri 10/10/08 at 18:09
Regular
"What's basketball?"
Alfonse In Velour wrote:
> Playing Tekken with an Xbox controller is like playing a flute
> with my wang.

I could play your wang like a flute if you like? ;)
Fri 10/10/08 at 16:50
Regular
"I like turtles"
Emmie87 wrote:

> I have nver played a fighter on a Xbox controller but is it
> really that bad??

Its not the best mate.
Fri 10/10/08 at 08:02
Regular
"THFC"
Yea i would like to see more on FF13 - a new trailer would be great.

I have nver played a fighter on a Xbox controller but is it really that bad??
Fri 10/10/08 at 00:55
Regular
"Mooching around"
I want more news on versus XIII, or a new trailer at the least.
Thu 09/10/08 at 22:20
Regular
"I like turtles"
Alfonse In Velour wrote:
> Playing Tekken with an Xbox controller is like playing a flute
> with my wang.

Thats funny !.
Thu 09/10/08 at 21:46
Regular
Playing Tekken with an Xbox controller is like playing a flute with my wang.
Thu 09/10/08 at 18:58
Regular
"What's basketball?"
I want all of those games except for NNN2.

TGS08 seems like it will be pretty amazing this year. :D
Thu 09/10/08 at 14:03
Regular
"Copyright: FM Inc."
I'm not a fighter genre fan so it's hard for me to gauge how much of a coup, if any, getting Tekken on the 360 is.

I think November 19th for the new XBox Experience is probably the most exciting thing out of TGS so far.

Maybe some more interesting developments will occur over the next few days, but so far it's all a little flat for me.
Thu 09/10/08 at 11:09
Regular
"THFC"
Microsoft are just getting stronger and stronger, they have got Tekken aswell! thats a good purchase. But some good news there, not much from the Ps3 but hopefully we will get more soon.

I really need to read up more on Halo so i can get the full story and as im playing the third i will know how it ends lol, but should be good to play the other ones!
Thu 09/10/08 at 11:03
"possibly impossible"
Tokyo Game Show tends to be the last chance of the year for big announcements from the 3 big console companies as well as all the third parties. So TGS is usually met with a lot of excitement (and not because of all the Japanese models dressed as Anime and RPG characters!). Today was Day 1 of the event and we can expect more announcements from companies like Sony tomorrow.

Microsoft
MS yet again had some big announcements that will please fans and annoy Sony fans.

- Tekken 6 - Yes, the Playstation series is coming to 360. The new Tekken game in the arcade is based on the same hardware as Playstation 3 so it’ll be interesting to see if it changes for the Xbox. Out winter 2009

- Ninety Nine Nights 2 - The first wasn’t really a big hit, but it looked nice and had a sexy witch. We’ll have to wait to see if the sequel is any good.

- More XBLA games - Metal Slug 7, Space Invaders Extreme, Arkanoid Live, King of Fighters '98, R-Type Dimensions. So, basically re-hashing old 80’s and 90’s classics. Meteos Wars out as well.

- Xbox Experience - 19th November for the Xbox Experience, which is the new front end for the 360 with avatars, a new look and a bunch of other functionality. It’s already been discussed to death elsewhere, so I won’t go in to detail suffice to say there were no real revelations.

- Halo Wars - Set 20 years before Halo 1, so no flood then.

- Halo 3: Recon - Going to be a new hero, so not Master Chief. Basically, Halo 3 with different maps, earlier story and different main star.

Sony
Sony hasn’t been very vociferous about it’s games, more is promised tomorrow, but has shown trailers for new releases:

- Patapon 2 – The cult PSP game gets a sequel. Simple but very addictive (the tune will be going around in your head for ages).

- PSP Direct Store Access – Instead of downloading from PS3 or PC, you will be able to access the store directly from the PSP.

Third Parties
Third parties have been showing off new game titles:

- No More Heroes 2 – Suda is yet again writing the script, so expect it to be like the first game (but hopefully even better).

- Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days – The Disney themed RPG is back and on DS this time. There were demo levels available to play.

- Square Enix – Trailers for Dragon Quest IX (DS), Final Fantasy Fables: Chocobo's Dungeon (DS), Chocobo Tales 2, Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: Echoes of Time (Wii and DS), Valkyrie Profile (DS).

More news as it happens.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.