GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"What my little sister did to my PS2"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 14/12/00 at 18:38
Regular
I had just collected my PS2 from Game in Wimbledon. Brilliant I had a PS2 and was addicted to playing SSX for 7 hours.

I let me little sister have a go as she also adours Gaming. I left the room (snack) and within the next few minutes there was no longer a sound coming from the lounge where she was playing it. I thought 'oh' she must have got bored, now I can play again.

How wrong was I! The horizontal stand had collapsed and the PS2 had fallen about 5 ft. There is was a 7 hour old machine which had received a jump which now causes major problems on running anything. Just like a muggins I didn't ask for insurance and I can't take it back as they won't accept it!

The Reason: My little sister (the new devil) had gone to pick up the phone in the lounge (on the other side of the room) she carried the PS2 controller across with her forgetting that there was a PS2 attached to the end! It fell and was heavily dented, and she ran. I will never let her play my PS2 (when it works) again!

Thank a lot little sis'
Joby
Sat 10/02/01 at 16:19
Tough... oh well, it's got a 5-year gaurantee! :)

Only 2 controller ports = there needed to be space for the memory cards. Also,

"less ports = more money = happier Sony"

WRONG! They had to spend money designing, developing and distribution of the multitap2.
Sat 10/02/01 at 15:09
Regular
"everyone says it"
everybody stande up!
Sat 16/12/00 at 23:04
Regular
"everyone says it"
A PStri..
Thats a good one!
I might do that
Sat 16/12/00 at 15:37
well there is one way to fix it, sell it back to sony and call it the pstriangle you could make millions!!!
Fri 15/12/00 at 16:12
Regular
"everyone says it"
The reason there are only to is because this will create less chance of the PS2 falling 5 ft through the air to its bloody grave!

Sony's real reason goes along the lines of:

"Its all about the money in this age, less ports = more money = happier Sony"
Fri 15/12/00 at 14:45
Regular
"not dead"
No it's not a big problem, and wouldn't deter me from buying one if I was planning to.

I wouldn't mind hearing (or reading) the official reason why there are only two ports though!
Fri 15/12/00 at 14:28
Regular
"Complete Banker"
perhaps. But how many games actually use 4 controller ports? How many people actually bought a multitap for the PSX? I don't think that it's a necessity.
However one point is that to uyse all 4 ports on your DC or N64 you need to buy 4 controllers. However with a PS2 you can use your old PSx ones!! Great and use the money saved on a multitap2 if you really want one.
I admit I would be better with 4 ports, but only having 2 is not a massive disadvantage.
Fri 15/12/00 at 14:10
Regular
"not dead"
But honestly, does did it have to be an 'or'. Couldn't it have had 4 controller ports and PSX compatibility, and the ability to play DVDs?
Fri 15/12/00 at 14:04
Regular
"Complete Banker"
4 controller ports, or PSX back compatabiliy and a DVD player? I know what I'd rather have......
Fri 15/12/00 at 11:38
Many a time a controller accident like that has happened to my PS1, mainly when theres 5 of us around the PS1 playing FIFA. the multitap doesnt make things any better....why didnt sony put 4 ports as standard on their new wondermachine???? I want to know why, theres no logical explanation.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.
I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.