GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Championship Manager!"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 14/12/00 at 17:17
Regular
I know that Championship Manager games are probably the most popular games of all time, and I agree with this, but to be hones, I would like to see a few more new features put into the game other than the new updated players that are always added to the new versions.

I have been getting every version of Championship Manager since CM2 97/98, and I would have to say that it hasn't been a waste of money. But, every time I get the new version, the only things that I seem to notice that are different from the previous version is the fact that all of the players have been updated with their new stats and histories, all of the players at at their new clubs, the pictures/images in the background and the odd extra feature that has changed from a previous version. For example, CM 99/00 allows you to fine your players, which you couldn't do on previous versions. Now I don't know about what anyone else feels but it does get a bit stupid getting the same type of game with a few additional features every time.

I feel that they should carry on adding the odd few features to the new versions, but also add a couple of large features. For example. they could allow you, as manager, to be more involved in what goes on in meetings with the Chairman etc. Or they could add a feature where instead of just have commentry come up on your screen while watching a mtach, it should come out of the speakers too, so that you can hear it. I feel that if something like this was done, then not only will the same normal people get the game, but you could also see quite a lot more people getting the game too as it would probably become a 'If You Don't Get The Game, You Don't Have A Life' - It could happen!

Anyway, if anyone else agrees with me, reply to this message and let me hear what you have to say.

Thanks!
Thu 14/12/00 at 17:20
Regular
I do apologise for the odd spelling mistake that I have made in the original message!
Thu 14/12/00 at 17:17
Regular
I know that Championship Manager games are probably the most popular games of all time, and I agree with this, but to be hones, I would like to see a few more new features put into the game other than the new updated players that are always added to the new versions.

I have been getting every version of Championship Manager since CM2 97/98, and I would have to say that it hasn't been a waste of money. But, every time I get the new version, the only things that I seem to notice that are different from the previous version is the fact that all of the players have been updated with their new stats and histories, all of the players at at their new clubs, the pictures/images in the background and the odd extra feature that has changed from a previous version. For example, CM 99/00 allows you to fine your players, which you couldn't do on previous versions. Now I don't know about what anyone else feels but it does get a bit stupid getting the same type of game with a few additional features every time.

I feel that they should carry on adding the odd few features to the new versions, but also add a couple of large features. For example. they could allow you, as manager, to be more involved in what goes on in meetings with the Chairman etc. Or they could add a feature where instead of just have commentry come up on your screen while watching a mtach, it should come out of the speakers too, so that you can hear it. I feel that if something like this was done, then not only will the same normal people get the game, but you could also see quite a lot more people getting the game too as it would probably become a 'If You Don't Get The Game, You Don't Have A Life' - It could happen!

Anyway, if anyone else agrees with me, reply to this message and let me hear what you have to say.

Thanks!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.