GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"*Kicks Himself*"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 25/11/02 at 15:13
Regular
Dammit!

I was doing my UCAS form last night, I had it all penciled in and everything written out so I could go over it in black ink and hand it in today...

I completed the whole of the first page and then realised I had missed out the 'Student Suppot Arrangements' bit...

It already had Essex written in it so all I had to do was write the bloody word over the top of the other one!

Well I can't even do that!

E - S - S - X

Oh crap!

Now I've got to wait until Wednesday before I can get another form 'cos the teacher wasn't in today who has all the forms and everyone is striking tomorrow!

Stupid form, why can't they make things easier!
Tue 26/11/02 at 15:45
Regular
"bing bang bong"
Unless it's your CV or something, you'd be amazed how little the people who actually read them care about the condition.

I had a student loan form (that nets me like £4000 when processed) sent back to me with staff writing all over it (due to some confusion over my address or something), the version they eventually got looked like someone very ill had wiped their bum with it.
Tue 26/11/02 at 13:30
Regular
phi11ip wrote:

> I talked to him and he just laughed at me...

Now why does that not surprise me...
Tue 26/11/02 at 12:23
Regular
"Chavez, just hush.."
RM18 wrote:
> Mr. Bryant (only phi11ip will understand) will eat you for that (your
> body is used to increase his head size).
>
> Just wait till they ask you to stick your personal statement on the
> form! I still have nightmares about that...

I talked to him and he just laughed at me...

I gotta get another one on Wednesday, not in today 'cos all the teachers seem to be on Stryke...
Tue 26/11/02 at 07:02
Regular
Stryke wrote:
> Online form for me too. Although they didn't really seem that
> complicated...

At my school we did it the good ol' fashioned way. Filling out the form was easy (:D), but the personal statements were something else. We typed them out on computer, then printed them out onto special sticky backed paper, to which we had to stick it onto the filled out UCAS form.

One slip, on millimetre either side of where its supposed to go, and the form was ruined, for which you had to start again, not to mention incur the wrath of agitated staff. I was lucky, but the things I've seen over that...

*shudders*
Mon 25/11/02 at 22:26
Regular
"I like cheese"
LOL!

I know the feeling, I'm always doing stuff like that.

On our GCSE Science Modular Tests we have every three months or so we have to sign our name at the top, and I don't have an exact signature yet, and everytime I try and make it look professional and it all goes balls up. On some I write, "A Haynes," and on others I write my full name, and in the one we did a few days ago the A kept looking like a bloody H and I had to rub it out and the rubber was dirty so it smudged.

I'm surprised they don't fail me on the basis that I can't spell my own name.
Mon 25/11/02 at 19:47
"Mimmargh!"
HAHAHAHAHAHA!
You fool. All that work just to make a mistake at the end?
HAHAHOHOHAHOHEHAW!
Mon 25/11/02 at 19:42
Regular
"Excommunicated"
Would have been a bit nervous writing on it but looked fairly simple.
Mon 25/11/02 at 19:33
Regular
Online form for me too. Although they didn't really seem that complicated...
Mon 25/11/02 at 18:45
Regular
Mr. Bryant (only phi11ip will understand) will eat you for that (your body is used to increase his head size).

Just wait till they ask you to stick your personal statement on the form! I still have nightmares about that...
Mon 25/11/02 at 15:35
Regular
"funky blitzkreig"
According to my director of studies someone sent in an application for vetinary sciences at Cambridge with a picture of them holding a cat with a bandaged leg in the space where your meant to stick a passport photo.

Didn't get in unfortunately.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.