GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Anyone got a Maxx PC"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 25/11/02 at 09:57
Regular
I am thinking about a Maxx 4D 2.4ghz Pentium 4 system

Anyone advise any weakpoints in this system that could do with altering or any good advice?
Tue 26/11/02 at 17:03
Regular
O.k. matey, looks like you had bad luck but hey out of the thousands of pc's they sell one isnt that bad and you are only peeved about the poor service you have got (understandably) but as you said you may have got a bad techy, please don't be put off of buying another MAXX pc though :-)

c.b.
Tue 26/11/02 at 16:53
Regular
"You Will Bow To Me"
AMD_MAN wrote:

> Also one bad PC out of thousands is'nt bad going and it probably
> crashes because he does something wrong or has added the wrong
> software, we all know about that.
>
> c.b.

Hmm, my point wasn't about the fact I wasn't happy with my PC, it was to do with the poor customer service I got. The week I got it I had problems, (having put no additiional software on it at that point). I've been using PCs for the last 12 years, I think I know what I'm doing. And I talked to the guy in the store about the problem with the CD Rewriter, and he told me I must have been using it incorrectly, when I later found it was a problem with the drives firmware - the guy at the store couldn't fix it so told me it was my fault! As it was all of 2 weeks old when I took it in to be looked at I'd expect better customer service instead of them washing their hands of the problem.

I may well have been unlucky and got one that had a fault, but the fact that the store weren't interested in the problem and I had to sort it myself I can honestly say I can't recommend them! OK, it's only a niggly problem, and I may have got the one bad tech guy that SR have (he work(s/ed) in the Nottingham store), but that's the experience I've had of SR.

Again, not a point as such about quality of PCs (which does seem good) but on customer care, which I feel is an important part when things go wrong.
Tue 26/11/02 at 14:42
Regular
I happen to know a lot about the MAXX pc range and i think you should definatly buy one, Why you ask,

1. The MAXX pc range use's high quality branded hardware, unlike other well known Manufacturer's who use a lot of generic components.

2. Ease of future upgrades, They do not lock there bios's like other well known Manufacturer's.

3. Instead of an install disk with all drivers and windows on they send out the software and driver disks indevidually including windows xp home (or Pro if you choose the upgrade).

4. Because of the use of good quality hardware they have brilliant performance.

5. You can choose upgrades and seperate fits for the PC's, i.e a second hard drive, sound blaster audigy, radeon 9700 pro and even a snazzy case.

I actually can't think of anything bad to say about them, if you are going to buy from them you might as well either go for the top specs (4D P4 2800 or 4D K7 2400+) or by a lower spec and add some other bits (radeon 9700 pro or a nice case and flat screen monitor).

Also one bad PC out of thousands is'nt bad going and it probably crashes because he does something wrong or has added the wrong software, we all know about that.

c.b.
Mon 25/11/02 at 18:13
Regular
"Eff, you see, kay?"
Fangface wrote:
> I am thinking about a Maxx 4D 2.4ghz Pentium 4 system
>
> Anyone advise any weakpoints in this system

Yeah, it's running a Pentium 4 for a start...

;)
Mon 25/11/02 at 15:21
Regular
"You Will Bow To Me"
§n][peŽ wrote:
> sounds like ur own individual problem o.O

That's what I said - I was making a point about their poor customer service and technical support, especially seeing as I'd spent a lot of money they weren't really that bothered about sorting it.
Mon 25/11/02 at 12:54
Regular
sounds like ur own individual problem o.O
Mon 25/11/02 at 11:52
Regular
"You Will Bow To Me"
Fangface wrote:
> I am thinking about a Maxx 4D 2.4ghz Pentium 4 system
>
> Anyone advise any weakpoints in this system that could do with
> altering or any good advice?

I've got a Maxx PC and I honestly wouldn't recommend them to anybody. I had a few problems with mine when I got it (hugely prone to crashing no matter what I was doing and the CD ReWriter wouldn't) As I'd spent 1400quid I took it to the shop and told them the problems, left it with them for a week and was told I "must have been using the cd rewriter incorrectly as it does work" and "it doesn't crash" - hugely helpful.

The cd rewriter problem was fixed with a firmware update (which i had to do myself) and the crashing problem never goes away! I may have been unlucky with the machine I got, but the guy at the store was so patronising and unhelpful I'm not going to give them my business in the future.
Mon 25/11/02 at 09:57
Regular
"Fangxforthemammarie"
I am thinking about a Maxx 4D 2.4ghz Pentium 4 system

Anyone advise any weakpoints in this system that could do with altering or any good advice?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.