GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"WWE versus WWF"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 24/11/02 at 18:54
Regular
TAKEN FROM UPWIRE!

The World Wildlife Fund have brought forward a £50m lawsuit against the WWE for accidentally still carrying WWF branding. Fight!
The long-running battle between the panda-hugging World Wildlife Fund and the bear-hugging World Wrestling Federation came to a sticky end earlier this year, when the Wildlife Fund won the right to use the WWF logo, and forced the Wrestling Federation to change its name. Duly, they complied, and changed their name to the slightly less snappy World Wrestling Entertainment (WWE), and changed all the old WWF branding on existing games, merchandise and other products. Or so they thought.

The World Wildlife Fund has demanded that THQ withdraw the first PlayStation 2 SmackDown game WWE: Just Bring It from sale, due to it acidentally still carrying the WWF branding. Needless to say, the bods at WWE aren't too happy about the WWF's requests. "The Fund is using a United Kingdom court to block the sale of WWE video game products for Christmas, a Grinch-like move to deny wrestling fans around the world the opportunity to receive these products as Christmas gifts," said a World Wrestling Entertainment statement.

Now, don't get us wrong, but isn't a £50m lawsuit against some accidental branding a bit... harsh? After all, you'd think the people at the World Wildlife Fund would have better things to do than aggrieve wrestling fans of their favourite games. Maybe save a few animals? Something like that? Perhaps you better get hold of your Platinum copy of WWE SmackDown! Just Bring It while you can, and why not grab a copy of the fourth SmackDown game, WWE SmackDown! Shut Your Mouth for good measure.

So far, the request from the WWE that The Rock and WWF president Prince Philip settle their differences in a GREASED UP CAGE MATCH!!! has not been answered by the World Wildlife Fund.

Damn them Panda hugging animal lovers. Why can't they just give it a rest. If someone says WWF SMACKDOWN, you're not gunna think of two animals fighting it out. If someone says WWF, you instantly thing of World Wrestling Federation. This is beginning to bug me now.
Fri 06/12/02 at 21:02
Regular
"Where's SR?"
I knew Ali G would say something he would regret.

When this all started I had the idea of 2 out of 3 falls match between between Vince and a panda. The first fall would be in a Panda cage. The second would be a street fight. And the 3rd would be in a mock courtroom.
Sat 30/11/02 at 18:39
Regular
yeh bet it was. instead of babling on they should go and hassle other companys. or they should change there name. if i remember i think wwf wrestling was out before wwf wildlife. but i could be wrong. so i say wwe should now sue wwf for stealing there name so wwe get all there money back plus a little extra *rubbs fingers together vince mcmahon style* cash. they should change there name to WSCTGMMTBSSWCHMAABHLF (rather long but none the less)), we sue companys to get more money to build safaris so we can hold more animals and be happy little f¦_¦Cks.
Sat 30/11/02 at 18:14
Regular
"I like cheese"
Anyone watch the Ali G Show when he was talking to a couple of environmentalists guys? It was ages ago, but it went something like this:

Environmentalist: "You see, what the WWF are doing is looking after our environment and the anomals that live there, and they need the money to fund it."

Ali G (looks very confused): "So what...they saving the animals as well as doing the wrestling now?"

The looks on their faces was classic! :D
Sat 30/11/02 at 17:10
Regular
"I'm Back!!"
The bloody panda company should change their name to WWE,

WEIRD WINGING ENDANGERED species campaign...

Much more pleasing :D

But World Wildlife Fund: SYM is classic! :D
Sat 30/11/02 at 17:08
Regular
RM18 wrote:
> They should have called Smackdown ...World Wildlife Fund: Shut Your
> Mouth!

HaHa.. I was rolling on the floor laughing at your idea. Nice 1 mate.

BTW this is my first time i ever posted on a forum so plz dont complain.
Mon 25/11/02 at 18:31
Regular
RM18 wrote:
> I aim to please.
>
> :D

I'm so not pleased :cD
Mon 25/11/02 at 07:31
Regular
I aim to please.

:D
Sun 24/11/02 at 20:15
Regular
RM18 wrote:
> Mouth

Hah, I love it. :cD
Sun 24/11/02 at 20:04
Regular
"Touched!"
RM18 wrote:
> Mouth!

LOL!!! nice one
Sun 24/11/02 at 20:01
Regular
They should have called Smackdown ...World Wildlife Fund: Shut Your Mouth!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan
Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.