GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Email non delivery"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 03/10/08 at 23:03
Regular
"one more question"
I've had a lot people telling me they haven't received my emails over the last month or so, it appears to be random, for example some yahoo a/c's receive them, some don't, some btconnect do, some don't. The ones that don't, won't even receive my replies to their emails (and I don't get any failure reports or bounce backs).
Spam filters have been checked, I've been added to their contact lists etc but still nothing (they'll receive an email from my hotmail account if I send them a duplicate email to test their email address).
I've submitted 2 support tickets to freeola but they've not found any problems, but this is getting frustrating now as it's affecting my business. Anyone else experiencing similar issues or have any suggestions?
Wed 12/11/08 at 17:40
Regular
I have noticed the last few days that some of my email has been intern=mittent, I registered on a carbon nutrel website and they said they would email my log in details straight away, it never arived so I tried with another email address and it arrived almost immediately!

So there can be delays and delays are acceptable in peak times

Digi
Wed 12/11/08 at 15:48
Regular
One of my clients whose website I manage hosted on Freeola reported she was getting no emails. People had assured her they had sent her one. She has all mail forwarded to her hotmail address.

I called Freeola and they said that they were currently on a Hotmail block list, which had been going on for a few weeks. A request had been put in to take it off the list.

There was no mention of this on their status pages.

The Freeola guy said he'd call me back a couple of days later, and two weeks have since passed with no contact.

I can sympathize that business could be lost through this.
Mon 13/10/08 at 14:41
Regular
"one more question"
Thanks again Hmmm, I sent from .com address & created another .co.uk address out of curiosity & they received both. I didn't find any evidence that I'd been blacklisted either so it did appear to be an issue with just one of my .co.uk addresses bizzarely.
Sat 04/10/08 at 13:51
"Are you sure?"
Let us know how you get on with the .com emails.

There are numerous RBL (Realtime blacklist) services out there (Google is your friend...) - I'm not familiar with any I'm afraid.

mxtoolbox.com looks half decent - but I can't vouch for them.
Looking your domain up on there seems to lead to all of Freeola's MX servers - so if there was a problem it wouldn't only be you seeing it.

Another thing to check:
Are you sure the people having problems know what they are doing?! I've wasted quite a lot of time in the past relying on what people have told me (junk mail filtered etc.) only to find they didn't really know what they were talking about! You really need to check things yourself to be sure!

Search Freeola Chat
Sat 04/10/08 at 11:13
Regular
"one more question"
Thanks Hmmm, yes, I have .co.uk & .com. I have tried sending from 2 different .co.uk addresses but hadn't thought about sending from .com so I'll try that today.
You may be right about the "block" as although I don't send regular unsolicited emails, I did employ the services of a marketing company for a trial period who had an unusual method of obtaining leads for me which may have triggered something....
Is there any way of checking a block that you know of? is there like a universal database that I could look up & appeal to if I do appear on there?
Sat 04/10/08 at 09:41
"Are you sure?"
Hi,
I'm not seeing those problems so it might be something specific to you.

Are the emails sent from the domain in your profile?
If they are, I see you have both the co.uk and .com versions - you could try sending an email from each TLD to see what happens.

Due to the nature of your business there is a good chance that your domains have been added to a spam black list somewhere - either a local one or a service provider one. I know from my experience that 'some' car leasing companies can send an awful lot of regular emails which may have triggered a block? (I'm not suggesting you operate like this - but I know others do ;¬))

Search Freeola Chat
Fri 03/10/08 at 23:03
Regular
"one more question"
I've had a lot people telling me they haven't received my emails over the last month or so, it appears to be random, for example some yahoo a/c's receive them, some don't, some btconnect do, some don't. The ones that don't, won't even receive my replies to their emails (and I don't get any failure reports or bounce backs).
Spam filters have been checked, I've been added to their contact lists etc but still nothing (they'll receive an email from my hotmail account if I send them a duplicate email to test their email address).
I've submitted 2 support tickets to freeola but they've not found any problems, but this is getting frustrating now as it's affecting my business. Anyone else experiencing similar issues or have any suggestions?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.