GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"USER END UPLOAD PHOTO'S TO GALLERY SCRIPT"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 02/10/08 at 00:48
Regular
"wheres the Any Key?"
hiya, i'm building a website for a local youth football team that i sponsor, i'm going to include a gallery and was hoping to have a form where visitors (supporters) can upload there own photo's so i can add them to the gallery, can anyone help me or point me in the right direction please.

i'm new to web design, but would love to have the photo's uploaded to mysql database to allow the photos to be added to the gallery automaticly so i dont have to manually add them myself, but i'm still finding mysql a bit confusing. can anyone sort this for me or direct me to the info on the web that i need?

Alternatively can i us a simple script where a user can upload a photo to me via a php form so i can add it to the gallery manually?

many thx in advance.
Thu 02/10/08 at 16:52
Regular
"wheres the Any Key?"
cheers for the advice nimco, not to difficult you say! lol, i'm just a beginner and it all seems simple yet more confusing to me at the moment. thx for your time, advice and links to help me out, its much appreciated. keep safe m8.
Thu 02/10/08 at 08:53
Regular
"NULL"
There are plenty of free, off-the-shelf gallery packages available, such as:

- Gallery : http://gallery.menalto.com/
- Coppermine : http://coppermine-gallery.net/

One of these might be the easiest option if you are new to web design, however if you have a basic grasp of PHP/MySQL, then building a gallery isn't too difficult.

Depending on how simple you want to make it, you may just need one table to store the photo information, called Photos for example, and storing:

id
filename
title
description
uploaded_at

Have a good read through of this page: http://www.php.net/features.file-upload

That will explain how to handle file uploads in PHP. I would suggest that you store the photos in a folder on your server, and the photo information in the database. Don't try storing the photo in the database itself.
Thu 02/10/08 at 00:48
Regular
"wheres the Any Key?"
hiya, i'm building a website for a local youth football team that i sponsor, i'm going to include a gallery and was hoping to have a form where visitors (supporters) can upload there own photo's so i can add them to the gallery, can anyone help me or point me in the right direction please.

i'm new to web design, but would love to have the photo's uploaded to mysql database to allow the photos to be added to the gallery automaticly so i dont have to manually add them myself, but i'm still finding mysql a bit confusing. can anyone sort this for me or direct me to the info on the web that i need?

Alternatively can i us a simple script where a user can upload a photo to me via a php form so i can add it to the gallery manually?

many thx in advance.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.