GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"UNDISPUTED SRW TITLE NO.1 CONTENDERS FINAL: Kane (Starlight) vs Rob Van Dam (AfroJoe)"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 23/11/02 at 15:11
Regular
UNDISPUTED SRW TITLE NO.1 CONTENDERS FINAL:
Kane (Starlight) vs Rob Van Dam (AfroJoe)
Written by LL Cool TT

Last week on SRW Eclipse, we saw two stunning, and I mean stunning matches between six men. Only two would progress to tonight’s final, out of Goldberg(Cong Man), Jericho(Figo), Cactus Jack(RM18), RVD(AJ), Kane(Starlight) and Stone Cold(DW), and we know who they are, but let’s take you back to last week, in the first match, where a most extraordinary ending determined the contender from that bracket:

Austin (DW) is down! Jericho (Figo) is down! Van Dam (Afrojoe) is on the turnbuckle. He just went for the Five Star Frog Splash on Jericho but.....he moved!

Jericho slowly gets up and LOCKS IN THE WALLS OF JERICHO ON VAN DAM!! Will he tap out?!

He looks to be in a lot of pain. He tries to get nearer to the ropes but to no avail... He's about to tap.....STUNNER! STONE COLD STUNNER ON JERICHO!! Austin (DW) goes for the cover.

Oh, but Jericho (Figo), somehow, kicks out!! How did he do that!?!

The frustrated Austin picks Jericho back up and hits ANOTHER STUNNER!! He goes for the cover again. Thats All, surely..

NO!! Van Dam breaks up the count WITH A FIVE STAR FROG SPLASH ON BOTH AUSTIN AND JERICHO!! Austin (DW) rolls out of the ring in pain as Van Dam (Afrojoe) gets the cover on Jericho (Figo)..

3! No man could withstand the Stunner and the Five Star Frog Splash. Jericho (Figo) is no exception. A great effort was shown by all three men in this match-up. It showed! The only question is now, "Can RVD (Afrojoe) beat the champion".

But that wasn’t all Eclipse had to offer that night. The three other competitors vying for the shot at the top spot put on a sterling match to find our No. 1 Contenders Match tonight, and let’s bring you the end of that spectacle:

SMACK! Kane(Starlight) just kicked Goldberg(Cong Man) right in that huge cut in his head! Goldberg is paralysed in pain, while Kane picks Cactus Jack(RM18) up, and puts him on his shoulders…POWERSLAM! Cactus Jack is now lying prone near the turnbuckle, but Kane has turned his attention to Goldberg(Cong Man), who is still holding his head in pain. Kane(Starlight) pushes him into the corner, and starts pummelling away on Goldberg! Kane backs off, taunting Goldberg. Goldberg runs at him, but is caught, as Kane walks over to the corner with Cactus Jack in it, and PLANTS GOLDBERG ON TOP OF CACTUS JACK! That looked very painful for both Cactus Jack(RM18) and Goldberg(Cong Man), but Kane(Starlight) clearly now has the upper hand. He drags Cactus away from the ropes to the centre of the ring, and covers him for the pin:

KICK OUT! Cactus Jack(RM18) has kicked out, and Kane is furious! He storms over to Goldberg, and proceeds to try and open up that cut! He’s punching, kicking, even biting it to inflict more pain on his opponent. Nick Patrick breaks up the assualt after a long five-count, much to the displeasure of the fans. Kane(Starlight) definitely has the backing of the crowd here tonight. But will that be enough? Goldberg(Cong Man) has been brought to his feet by Kane, and now Kane seems to be going for the powerbomb to hell! Goldberg is lifted to Kane’s shoulders, and now…BOOM! An almighty powerbomb, which shook the ring to its very foundations! Kane goes for the pinfall:

CRASH! Cactus Jack(RM18) leapt on top of them, and now has picked Kane(Starlight) up by his hair, and is readying him for the DOUBLE-ARM DDT! SMACK! OOOOOHHHHH! Good Lord, Kane’s head landed right on Goldberg(Cong Man)’s skull! Kane and Goldberg have probably been knocked out, but Cactus Jack is so fatigued by this contest that he can’t make a cover either! All three men are down, as Nick Patrick administers the ten-count:

5…still no signs of movement from any wrestler…

9-WOAH! Goldberg(Cong Man) has just leapt up in a Cruiserweight style kip-up! He’s gone mad, and I reckon the adrenaline is flowing! He picks up Cactus Jack(RM18), only to clothesline him down again with authority! Kane(Starlight) is picked up, as Goldberg goes for a belly-to-back suplex…into a sidewalk slam! Goldberg again picks Cactus Jack up, and has thrown him into the ropes, getting ready for a STIFF SPINNING HEEL KICK! That looked bad, Cactus Jack(RM18)’s head just smacked the mat hard, and before the rest of his body caught up with it, too! Goldberg(Cong Man) rolls the fallen Foley to the outside, and seizes Kane(Starlight)’s head. He throws his left arm over Kane’s head, and you know what’s coming! Goldberg lifts Kane in the air in an amazing show of total body strength, but, but now he’s losing his balance, he can’t keep Kane up much longer, can he? Just slam him, Bill! For the love of the Lord, slam his body down now! No, no, Kane(Starlight) has turned and landed behind Goldberg(RM18), but still with a hold on Goldberg’s head…Oh my God! He’s lifted Goldberg backwards, into position for an unholy, hellacious Tombstone! It’s gotta be…BAM! TOMBSTONE PILEDRIVER TO GOLDBERG! Kane makes the cover:

3! He’s done it! Kane has won this unbelievable war on SRW Eclipse! Any of the three men could have won it, but Kane showed the most determination I’ve seen in a long while! Kane goes through to the final, to battle it out for the No.1 contenders spot at the SRW Heavyweight Title!

And so, we are here tonight, waiting for the first competitor in this match. Remember, pinfalls, submissions or DQs will result in one person going to Spun Out to face the SRW Champion, The Rock(Starlight)! Howard Finkel enters the ring…

Finkel: The following match is scheduled for one fall, and is for the No.1 contender’s spot for the Undisputed SRW Heavyweight Championship! The first competitor-

BOOM!

Kane’s music erupts, and the Big Red Machine(Starlight) approaches the ring with the sort of determination one might expect of fighting for your life, not just a shot at a belt, although this may be Kane’s only goal in life at this moment in time. He climbs over the top rope, into the ring, stops in the centre, and now he’s calling on the fires of hell…

BOOM!

The ring has been bathed in hellfire and brimstone! The arena is drowning in a reservoir of red light, and now we await the entry of the spectacular-

BANG! ONE OF A KIND! RVD(AJ) makes his way to the ring, pushed along by a Mexican wave of cheers! This guy is so incredibly popular, he’s almost reached the fan saturation point of ECW where everybody loved him! He’s his usual cocky self as he heads towards his opponent, and rolls into the ring, walking towards Kane(Starlight), and…on no, this isn’t a good idea, Rob! The thumbs are up, and it’s R-V-D! Kane(Starlight) cannot be pleased with this show of disrespect, but at the moment he refuses to move, just watching RVD as he prances about the ring, hot-dogging to all his fans. But now Kane moves, and WHAM! Strong clubbing right-hand to the back of RVD, and RVD folds to the outside!

Kane(Starlight) follows Van Dam(AJ) to the outside of the ring, grabs his head by the hair and rams it into the guard barrier! Good Lord, Van Dam could be out already, but no, he’s gingerly moving back to his feet, with Kane(Starlight) just glaring evilly. Van Dam(AJ) is having to use the guard barrier for support, and his match may not last long. In fact, does he even know where he is at this point? My guess is-

OOF! RVD(AJ) nails a strong savat kick to Kane(Starlight)’s gut, and the whole thing was a ploy by Van Dam to lull Kane into a false sense of security! Van Dam(AJ) turns his back to Kane(Starlight), leaps like a cat onto the black guard barrier, and hits a BEAUTIFUL MOONSAULT PRESS ONTO KANE! Wonderful attack by Van Dam, as usual, and Kane was helpless! RVD(AJ) foolishly turns to the fans, thumbs at the ready, R-V-D! The crowd may appreciate it, but I think it’s stupid for someone as amazingly athletic as Van Dam to ignore his opponent when he could be capitalising on his opportunity! Idiot! Never mind, Kane(Starlight) is back up and goes to attack RVD(AJ), but Van Dam runs away with his tail between his legs, either that or it’s another very clever ploy. RVD is running around the ring, doing laps! He’s on his third way round now, but he slows slightly, jumps on the guard rail and NAILS KANE WITH A HUGE FLYING SUPERKICK! Incredible!

Van Dan(AJ) clearly has his wits about him tonight, he’s out-foxing Kane(Starlight) at every turn! He climbs back in the ring now, taunting his opponent and hamming it up to his fans! Van Dam stands on the second rope, pointing at Kane(Starlight) and telling him to bring it! RVD(AJ) turns away and looks for more support from the fans, but Kane sits up, and rolls into the ring, making headway for the cocky RVD! Wait a second, he’s got RVD up in an inverted scoop slam position, and slams RVD down! RVD(AJ) is clutching at his chin, while Kane(Starlight) drags him to his feet, and whips him into the ropes…Van Dam runs back towards Kane, but Kane(Starlight) twists Van Dam around…could be a tilt-a-whirl slam here, but NO! A TILT-A-WHIRL INVERTED ATOMIC DROP! RVD’s wife recoils in horror in fear of his nether-regions, but Kane(Starlight) pays no attention to RVD’s matrimonial predicament, instead kicking Van Dam(AJ)’s head back into the mat, before going for the first cover of this match:

KICK OUT! I didn’t think that that would have put away RVD(AJ), but his high-flying may have been cut to a minimum after that strong attack to the…well you saw it! Kane(Starlight) picks up RVD once again, and whips him into the ropes, but RVD reverses with a kick to the stomach, and now Van Dam(AJ) applies an arm-wringer to Kane(Starlight)’s left arm, and now kicks Kane three times in the face with his left foot, lets go of Kane’s arm and hits a spinning sole butt to the face of Kane! Shades of X-pac there, as Van Dam(AJ) falls to the floor for his first cover:

KICK OUT BY KANE! Kane(Starlight)’s face is made of scar tissue, so he wasn’t going to be beaten by a few kicks, and RVD(AJ) probably knows that by now. RVD runs to the ropes, cartwheel, MOONSAULT SPLASH! Beautiful offence by The Whole F’N Show, Rob Van Dam(AJ)! RVD sensibly skips appealing to his fans, instead opting to leapfrog to the top turnbuckle, perching in wait for the beast from Hell to get to his feet. Kane(Starlight) eventually gets to his feet, but RVD(AJ) is ready for him, and now hits a HUGE LEAPING SINGLE-LEG DROPKICK! Kane is down, RVD rolls over and leaps into a pin:

KICK-OUT! Kane(Starlight) has kicked out, and RVD(AJ) is livid! He pulls Kane up until Kane is on his own two feet, but now RVD has dropped to his knees…? He is appealing to the referee, but hits a LOW, LOW BLOW, RIC FLAIR-STYLE! The crowd doesn’t know what to do, but a section of them are booing loudly! RVD(AJ) hasn’t experienced this in years, and he doesn’t know what to do, BUT HE GIVES THEM THE MIDDLE FINGER! The whole crowd has exploded into a huge chorus of raucous boos! RVD(AJ) is incensed; his fans were a huge advantage he had over his opponents, but now he’s gone and screwed all that up! The fans are chanting Kane’s name: “Kane, Kane, Kane!” The crowd seem to be as fickle as a 13-year old girl, and have switched allegiances in the blink of an eye! RVD(AJ) is kicking away at Kane(Starlight)’s neck, but Kane is getting to his feet, and now is standing tall above the arrogant RVD. RVD tries to repel the retina-burning, cerebellum-melting glares of the Big Red Machine(Starlight) by hitting Kane with forearms to the face, but to no avail! Kane is still standing there, and RVD(AJ) is running out of ideas! He bounces off the ropes, leaps into the air in a CROSS-BODY BUT KANE GRABS RVD’S MID-SECTION AND SLAMS IT TO THE GROUND! Fantastic Bossman-esque sidewalk slam by Kane, and now he goes for the cover:

KICK-OUT BY RVD! RVD(AJ) has managed to kick out from a truly earth-shattering manoeuvre from Kane(Starlight), but will he survive to win this match? I don’t know, but Kane obviously doesn’t think so, as he is just toying with RVD(AJ) now…he’s picked him up, and into a bench-press position…just pressing him up and down, up and down, but RVD reverses behind Kane(Starlight) and now RVD is trying to get Kane into a bench-press!…He’s doing it! HE’S GOT HIM UP! Kane is high above the mat, and somehow RVD(AJ) has him up there! What can RVD do with Kane now?! RVD is trying to shuffle his way towards the edge of the ring, but can he make it without collapsing? He’s nearly there, he’s at the edge, AND HE DROPS KANE TO THE OUTSIDE! Kane(Starlight) has plunged face-first to the concrete floor, but RVD(AJ) caught his throat on the top rope as he dropped Kane to the outside! Both men are suffering, although it has to be said that RVD definitely came out the better on that particular occasion.

Kane(Starlight)’s shocking resilience has again been displayed in this match, as he has already managed to get to his feet, albeit with the ring apron as support. RVD(AJ) is also ready to attack, and spots Kane on his feet, runs to the opposite ropes, and launches himself into a somersault topé -BUT GETS CAUGHT BY KANE AND POWERBOMBED! In that lightning fast reversal, Kane(Starlight) may very well have started the beginning to the end of this match! RVD is down, and probably out! Kane scrapes RVD(AJ) off the ground and scoops him into the ring. He now clutches RVD’s head, which I would imagine is throbbing with pain at the moment, and brings him up, still applying that devastating headlock, but RVD leans back into the ropes, and manages to push Kane(Starlight) away! Kane bounces back, but gets swept off his feet by a right-footed sweep by RVD(AJ)! RVD jumps up to the top rope with those surely-enhanced legs, and prepares to fly…Kane is back up…CROSS BODY! BUT KANE ROLLS THROUGH! He’s got RVD in a fall-away slam position, but RVD rakes Kane’s eyes, and Kane(Starlight) falls back to the mat! Cover:

NO! Kane(Starlight) throws RVD(AJ) into the air from that pinned position, and gets back up, ready to surely rip off RVD’s various body parts! RVD is petrified, oozing fear from his pores, and goes for a spinning heel kick, but Kane ducks underneath, goes for a clothesline, but RVD ducks, almost causing Kane to clothesline the referee, but he stops before he does. RVD notices this, but shoves Kane aside, AND SUPERKICKS THE REF!

The referee is down, and now Kane(Starlight) has realised what this means – RAMPAGE! There are no DQs now, at least until the ref recovers! But will this benefit RVD more than Kane, as we all know about RVD’s aptitude in handling chairs. The two combatants, battle-weary, war-torn, stare one another down, but then both go their opposite ways and out to the ring apron, and now they’re both looking for various weapons! Kane(Starlight) throws a chair and a trash can into the ring, while RVD(AJ) manages to get a table into the ring as well. Both men are now back in the ring, but what will they do with their own weapons of mass destruction? Kane has the chair in his hands , but RVD has chosen to wait…he threatens the Van Daminator, but doesn’t pull it off, taunting Kane. They circle the ring, wondering what to do, until Kane throws the chair in Van Dam’s face, RVD(AJ) catches it, and Kane(Starlight) goes for a VAN DAMINATOR! He missed, though, and now RVD throws the chair in Kane’s face, ready to launch the Van Daminator, but KANE CRACKS RVD’S SKULL WITH THE CHAIR! RVD’s head has left it’s own mark on the chair, much to the pleasure of our fans at ringside! Kane drops down for the cover, but there’s still no referee! What the Hell can Kane(Starlight) do now? He had this match won; he was going to Spun Out to face The Rock! But now he has to capitalise on RVD(AJ)’s disadvantage in having had a steel chair folded over his head! He lifts RVD onto his shoulder, and now is going for a Tombstone! He’s setting RVD up over the table, and is going to break Van Dam’s neck! But wait, Van Dam has somehow managed to roll through, avoiding the Tombstone, into a Victory Roll! But there’s still no referee!

This is insane! How much longer can this war of attrition go on for? RVD(AJ) is back up, and has picked up the table…he throws it into Kane(Starlight)’s face, and VAN DAMINATOR TO THE TABLE! Oh my God! RVD has realised that the referee STILL isn’t up, and so gets the table, and sets it up by the turnbuckles. He drags Kane across, great strength shown there as RVD(AJ) positions Kane(Starlight) on the table, and goes to the top turnbuckle; it can only be the Five-Star Frog Splash! But Kane has got up, and smashes RVD’s left cheek with five consecutive right hands! Kane is going up now, and has RVD on his shoulder! Will it be a top-rope Tombstone? Here it comes…NO, wait! RVD HEAD-SCISSORS KANE ONTO THE TABLE, but it didn’t break! RVD(AJ) hung on for dear life on the top rope, and seeing as Kane has been re-positioned on the table, here comes…THE FIVE-STAR FROG SPLASH! Kane(Starlight) has been splashed through the table, and the referee’s coming round again! RVD goes for the cover:

3! We have our new number 1 contender for the SRW Title, and the fans could not be more angry!

Finkel: Here is your winner, and NEW no.1 contender for the Undisputed SRW Heavyweight Championship, Rob Van Dam(AJ)!

BOOOOOOO! HISSSSS!

The fans registering their displeasure at the outcome of this match, but they can’t do anything about it now! It is RVD who goes to Spun Out to face The Rock!

Well, look what we have here…RVD turns heel and goes to Spun Out to face The Rock. Sorry it was so long, but I didn’t know how to wrap it up. Anyway, any comments would be much appreciated.

LL Cool TT
Sat 30/11/02 at 18:53
Regular
Try errr...NO!

Damn him, if this is KR *shakes fist*
Sat 30/11/02 at 18:49
Regular
hey guys can i join in your little game of fantasy wwe matches? i will be Scotty 2 Hotty (steve) and i will be a low show starter then rise up. : ) you can post the answer on the board made by me "who the hell is afrojoe and figo?" sry about the name but its just one i created
k ty
Fri 29/11/02 at 21:54
Regular
"Where's SR?"
This is the first match of yours I've read and it's great especially adding in the crowd interaction which is an important part of wrestling matches.
Sun 24/11/02 at 10:16
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
Whoah! Stunning match - great to read, full to the brim with non-stop action, and I won! :-D

You really have developed into a top quality SRW writer, LL, and after only about 3 matches. :-)

Keep it up!
Sat 23/11/02 at 23:53
Regular
"Too Orangy For Crow"
Yeah, I was thinking that after I posted it actually. To me, December is just another month...
Sat 23/11/02 at 23:49
Regular
"I like cheese"
Grandprix wrote:
> I have no objection with you writing the title match at Spun Out.
> Outstanding match with a good intro. (I should know a few things about
> intros :D) I'll give you a couple of matches for feud building over
> the next two Eclipse's.

Matt, I think you'll only be able to do one Eclipse before the PPV due to Christmas arrangements. Otherwise, if Spun Out lasts two weeks, we'd run over into the 30th December, possibly new year.

Up to you though.
Sat 23/11/02 at 23:11
Regular
"Too Orangy For Crow"
I have no objection with you writing the title match at Spun Out. Outstanding match with a good intro. (I should know a few things about intros :D) I'll give you a couple of matches for feud building over the next two Eclipse's.
Sat 23/11/02 at 19:59
Regular
"I'm not Orgazmo"
Fabulous, that was good. Are you new here? Well done, nice match.

Except I lost which you know, sucks :)

Damn you Afro, keep the RVD away from my Kane!
Sat 23/11/02 at 16:25
Regular
"I like cheese"
LL Cool TT wrote:
> Sure, I'd love to build up a feud, as a lot can be done between them.
> I definitely like to do the title match as well!

Okay, cheers mate. This works out well because most of the top writers here are involved in the 6-Man Elimination Hell In A Cell match for the CAW Title, so it would help if you wrote the SRW Title match.

I'll keep you posted. {:)
Sat 23/11/02 at 16:11
Regular
"bWo > You"
Sure, I'd love to build up a feud, as a lot can be done between them. I definitely like to do the title match as well!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.