GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Resistance against the Machine"

The "Nintendo Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 13/12/00 at 17:18
Regular
The life of all nintendo officials is secretly devoted to fighting the corporate machine, Sony. Nintendo are the original kings of videogaming, whereas Sony are in it for the money. We see this is their PS2, of which the developers were give a useless developing kit, simply to avoid a 2% import charge, 2%. If sony cared about producing good games, they would have emptied their pockets to cover this measly charge. Also, has anyone seen the fantastic DVD capabilities of the PS2. Wow, how class, it doesn't even run with normal leads and has a green tinge. People buying it for a cheap DVD player would be much safer getting the Dreamcast and DVD player bundle from specila reserve which
1 you'll be able to get a hold of before you die
and 2. will play far better DVDs and Games for that matter

On the other hand, save you money for a NGC. Have you seen the clip of Link fightin' Gannondorf on it, it's bloody class lookin'.
Sat 06/01/01 at 01:51
Regular
All anyone wants is to make a little coin, what's wrong with that?
If I were a transnational multimillion dollar computer company, I'd also try to turn a profit. Sadly, I'm just a person.

Anyway, how many of you would put so much effort into writing, if you bothered at all, if you didn't want to save a little coin on a free game for your troubles?
I probably wouldn't be here at this time of night if I didn't hope. Well, yes, I probably would because I can't sleep and I'm bored, facing the lonely prospect of staying up until extreme dinosaurs finishes, signalling the turning of night into morning. If I was back in aber I could go to the all night spar, maybe get a cornish pastie, rent a video. You've seen one godzilla you've seen them all, and I've seen too many to bother with tonights....
[Stop it you rambling fool. Stop the inane rant...]

Anyway, the point was...
Oh, yeah, there's nothing wrong with making a living.
Fri 05/01/01 at 06:16
Regular
Hmmm... methinks some of us are a looking at nintendo as if they are rather more benevolent than they actually are. I'll just state that I am a nintendo-phile, but have no illusions about their motives. If anything, it could be argued that it was really Sony that have been the knight in shining armour to the games industry. In the days of the SNES and NES where nintendo had a virtual monopoly, nintendo's policy of taking an obscene wad of cash for each game sold was possible thanks to their stranglehold on the market. Sony broke this, by offering extremely attractive licences to developers on their console - result is one very successful console, oh and some very cheap games for the customer. Nintendo are only now offering competitive developers licences because they have to if they want any chance of beating Sony in the future, which I honestly hope they do!
Fri 15/12/00 at 23:42
of course they're in it for the money, its a business, but sony are strictly in it for the money, sega + nintendo make a better effort
Fri 15/12/00 at 09:47
Regular
"not dead"
I'm not sure were this crazy notion of Nintendo and Sega not being in it for the money came from!
Thu 14/12/00 at 21:37
Regular
Now, now, don't get TOO hyped. You know hype always ends up in disappointment. Now forget the Gamecube for a year (play on your current machine for a while) and don't get excited about it.

Then, when you go and by one, you'll bring home a colourful box of Nintendo's magical surprises...
Thu 14/12/00 at 04:46
I like your attitude... I believe that Microsoft have entered the console gaming business just to make more money, just like Sony are doing.

Nintendo and Sega are the only ones who are actually in the console war for the fun of gaming.
Wed 13/12/00 at 17:18
The life of all nintendo officials is secretly devoted to fighting the corporate machine, Sony. Nintendo are the original kings of videogaming, whereas Sony are in it for the money. We see this is their PS2, of which the developers were give a useless developing kit, simply to avoid a 2% import charge, 2%. If sony cared about producing good games, they would have emptied their pockets to cover this measly charge. Also, has anyone seen the fantastic DVD capabilities of the PS2. Wow, how class, it doesn't even run with normal leads and has a green tinge. People buying it for a cheap DVD player would be much safer getting the Dreamcast and DVD player bundle from specila reserve which
1 you'll be able to get a hold of before you die
and 2. will play far better DVDs and Games for that matter

On the other hand, save you money for a NGC. Have you seen the clip of Link fightin' Gannondorf on it, it's bloody class lookin'.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.