GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Old Trafford - disgraceful!"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 23/11/02 at 13:19
Regular
They said just before the match today that the pitch has just been re-laid AGAIN!

And they've just said at half time that it's the SEVENTH pitch in 4 years!

I personally find it unbelievable that a top-flight club can't get their pitch sorted once and for all. Maybe they should sack their groundsmen and get in some people capable of doing the job.

I know ManYoo are supposedly dripping in money, but surely it must be costing them a fortune in turf; let's face it, they don't use any old cheap grass, do they?

Or maybe they do, and that's the problem.

Disgraceful.
Sat 23/11/02 at 13:19
"High polygon count"
They said just before the match today that the pitch has just been re-laid AGAIN!

And they've just said at half time that it's the SEVENTH pitch in 4 years!

I personally find it unbelievable that a top-flight club can't get their pitch sorted once and for all. Maybe they should sack their groundsmen and get in some people capable of doing the job.

I know ManYoo are supposedly dripping in money, but surely it must be costing them a fortune in turf; let's face it, they don't use any old cheap grass, do they?

Or maybe they do, and that's the problem.

Disgraceful.
Sat 23/11/02 at 13:20
Regular
"Ar-gen-tina!"
Indeed it is disgraceful, I can't understand why they can never get it right? sometimes it looks great and other times like a park...
Sat 23/11/02 at 13:22
Regular
"Baros!!!"
I was also thinking that the turf was horrible. It will be like Slovakia's ground.
Sat 23/11/02 at 13:44
Regular
"JiltedGaming.co.uk"
That’s a lot of grass ;-) they have Lee Roche, they going to sign Chris Armstrong next?

They said before the game that they have a new grounds man, the last ones gone to Twickenham to lay the turf for the egg chasers.

Doesn’t the Millennium Stadium have a new pitch laid every month? I heard something along the lines of that?

I had an apprenticeship/work experience week once at West Ham (not playing wise) one of the days we spent the day with the Grounds man, had to wear these spiked shoes and was only allowed to walk along the pitch in a certain direction. Helps with the drainage or something.
Sat 23/11/02 at 13:54
Regular
"Ar-gen-tina!"
Windowlicker wrote:
> That?s a lot of grass ;-) they have Lee Roche, they going to sign
> Chris Armstrong next?
>

Explain that comment, I don't quite understand the link between Lee Roche and Chris Armstrong?
Sat 23/11/02 at 14:28
Regular
I think the pitch gets destroyed everytime the groudsman walk across it. You seen the size of him?!!?! :D
Sat 23/11/02 at 14:38
Regular
"Ar-gen-tina!"
Yeh the bat fastard!
Sun 24/11/02 at 18:22
Regular
"Trout a la creme"
Windowlicker wrote:
> Doesn’t the Millennium Stadium have a new pitch laid every month? I
> heard something along the lines of that?

I saw the pitch during the wales Vs new zealand rugby game....
the state of it after the game, I think they will have to relay that pitch, that game really tore the grass up.
If I was the millenium stadium groundsman I would be horrified at the restoration work needed to be done.
Mon 25/11/02 at 15:09
Regular
"Long time no see!"
It is disgracefull, and it won't help-us improve either!

But it can't be an easy job mind compared to what Arsenal's groundsman has to cover... Look at the size of the Highbury pitch - virtually half-the-size of Old Trafford's!
Mon 25/11/02 at 15:24
"High polygon count"
Yeah, but the amount of s**t on the pitch at OT should help...

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.