GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"PS 1 games on the PS2"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 13/12/00 at 15:20
Regular
Guys.

I've discovered you can't save PS1 game data on the PS2 memory card.
Is it simply a case of purchasing a PS1 memory card and putting it
in ?

What good Metal Gear Solid type games (old PS1 games) would you recommend for PS2. Clearly I havn't played PS1 games before and might as well do so as there arn't many PS2 ones yet.

Thanks
Wed 13/12/00 at 15:20
Guys.

I've discovered you can't save PS1 game data on the PS2 memory card.
Is it simply a case of purchasing a PS1 memory card and putting it
in ?

What good Metal Gear Solid type games (old PS1 games) would you recommend for PS2. Clearly I havn't played PS1 games before and might as well do so as there arn't many PS2 ones yet.

Thanks
Wed 13/12/00 at 15:35
Regular
"Whatever!"
Most PSOne memory cards are less than a tenner now so its not too bad.
As for Metal Gear Solid type games on PSOne I think you'll find Syphon Filter 1 and 2 are very similar in style. I havent ever played any of these but after reading reviews they sound great. I might be tempted to get them!!!
Wed 13/12/00 at 15:51
Coopster, you can only use ps1 memory cards for ps1 games.

however the Sony ps1 cards are very reliable and not too pricey so....I'd get one.

they store the data in a different way to ps2; they store in blocks, rather than KB.

the ps1 card has 15 blocks; each game takes a certain no. of blocks on the card.

hope this helps.
Wed 13/12/00 at 18:36
Regular
Metal Gear Solid is the best at being a metal gear solidy thing.
Wed 13/12/00 at 22:51
"High polygon count"
> Metal Gear Solid is the best at being a metal gear solidy thing.

I second that!

Though if you want to try a Syphon Filter game, I would recommend you get the second one - commonly known, surprisingly enough, as Syphon Filter 2! :-)
Thu 14/12/00 at 02:36
Metal Gear Solid is so original that it is hard to choose any other that can match it's uniqueness! Of course, you can always join the queue to buy Metal Gear Solid 2, only 2 years wait! I am not sure whether to Pre-Order Metal Gear 2 or not, because with so long until it comes out, is there much point? I did buy the first one, got it at my Local Store. About this RGB Issue. You are all talking about Green Screens, but how comes I am getting a normal screen on my 28" Toshiba Nicam TV???
Thu 14/12/00 at 09:03
are you using and RGB cable or a composite cable?
Thu 14/12/00 at 16:00
Metal Gear is supposed to come out at the end of next year. People who use the old cables that come with the PSX are getting kinda green screens, i doubt there will be a shortage of metal gear no matter how good it is.
Thu 14/12/00 at 18:02
Regular
"Whatever!"
I didnt know whether to pre order Metal Gear Solid 2 either, but after watching the DVD demo from PSW I will pre order it right after Christmas. Probably Gran Turismo 3 aswell. It will seem like having to wait forever for them but they will be the most sought after games ever and I would rather Pre order them well in advance!!
Thu 14/12/00 at 23:48
At the moment I am using the Cable that came with my PS2, because at the moment this is the only cable I can use that will let me hook upto my Hi-Fi Speakers. I was going to get the Audio Leads so I can then use my RGB Cable, but I need to find the time to get to Index, they have Audio Leads for only £4!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.