GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"SDRAM or DDR Memory ?"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 22/11/02 at 10:44
Regular
Is the gain in performace worth the extra money ??, it would cost a fair amount to replace my 512mb like for like.
I mainly play games/movies, would the difference be notable ?
Sat 23/11/02 at 13:07
Regular
"Eff, you see, kay?"
Don't get roped into it though. You'll soon find overclocking becomes more than a free power increase, and you'll spend the cost of a new chip on pushing the limits of your current one before long.

An XP2000 running at 2ghz is way better than an XP2400 running at 2ghz.
Fri 22/11/02 at 23:41
Regular
i agree, the chances are your motherboard can't take DDR as well and if it can then you might as well save your money and upgrade the lot and really get a good performance increase, try overclocking that will give you free perfomance increase.

c.b.
Fri 22/11/02 at 13:14
Regular
"bing bang bong"
Not many motherboards support both. I wouldn't bother, until you get a new motherboard with a faster chip/
Fri 22/11/02 at 10:44
Regular
"Dont come here ofte"
Is the gain in performace worth the extra money ??, it would cost a fair amount to replace my 512mb like for like.
I mainly play games/movies, would the difference be notable ?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.