GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Man Utd Crisis"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 21/11/02 at 17:50
Regular
For united the stupid and humiliating results just keep coming in an in.
The engine of the team, Roy Keane who i, (a united fan) believe is brilliant and we need him more than anyone else. Perhaps that Ireland world cup stunt was just a little too controversial. Nevertheless the cracks in our team are extremely big without him and to make things worse he is currently injured. As is David Beckham who is not good any more in my opinion, he was once a young, hungry, consistant crosser who had an eye for goal outside the area. Now that he is the England skipper, he is just an old veteran who puts in a couple of tackles once in a blue moon, he has now been reduced to diving and trying to chip the goal keeper all the time instead of smashing it. The good goals against west ham and deportivo, last season and the good goal against chelsea this season is only a shadow of what he can do game in game out. Another blunder i think was purchasing Rio ferdinand for £30million which I think is a complete waste of money. At first I was excited because he had an impressive performance in the world cup. Now he is just your average defender. We could of bought a good defender for 20million less, with the saved money going towards a decent striker maybe.John o'shea is just as good as Rio, maybe he is not as consistant, but he puts all his effort and determination in games, take the Chelsea game for instance. He outmuscled hasslebaink, and put a lot of good tackles in. He should start with Rio instead of Blanc. As if the defence was not bad enough, we have the an extremely bad goal keeper between the sticks. Fabian Barthez is a poor goalkeeper. He may be able to stop the odd penalty, but when it comes to everything else, he is pathetic. The blunders against henry last season were an insult. To lose such an important game to silly bread and butter goal keeping is humiliating. Even this season he has by no means been perfect, goaters first goal in the derby was gifted by Gary Neville maybe, but the finish was not hit hard and all barthez did was what he normally does: jumps in the air with his legs out. Moving away from the domestic league, United are quite impressive in europe, which is a suprise as we are performing poorly in the Premiership. We have had mostly easy teams, but the important part now is the form we show in the second phase. Juventus are extremely good but by no means unbeatable (just look at newcastle).
Deportivo is no excuse we beat them last time with no hastle with nowhere near a full squad. Basle are a determined and battling little side, but they should be no match for us if we play well (which we probably won't!)
Another good point about the Champions League is that it brings out the best of Juan Seba Veron. He has been our best player in Europe but he cannot prove his £28million cost in the Premiership. Veron tries to much to use fancy tricks and impossible passes. Look at everton. They have no World Superstars, but they have determination and work rate which is why they are sitting 3 points above us. Veron needs to put more tackles in and make some short easy passes.
Another problem that Manchester United have is the lack of squad depth. When you look at other Title contenders like Liverpool and Arsenal they have great talents on the bench. Liverpool have great players like Diouf, Baros, Cheyrou, kirkland and Traore all mostly on the bench. Arsenal have Cygan, Wiltord, Van Bronkhorst, Edu and Gilberto Silva. Compare these two impressive lists with Kalam Richardson, Phil Neville, Forlan, Fortune and Chadwick. There was a time when coming off a hard performance in the Champions League, United could put their legs up and play some benched players and still win 2 or 3 nil. Now I'm sick and tired of counting on Forlan to score a dying minute equaliser.
To be honest, I seriously think we will finish 5th or 6th. Everygame we play, we look worse and worse. Look at the back end of last season. We defeated Leeds and Chelsea away with some great performances. This season we could not get a goal against leeds even though we had bought their star defender Rio.
Recently I seen a program which reviewed the 98/99 treble winning season. Watching it made me think back to when we were so destructive and fearsome. Its hard to believe now that we were so good. Back then, a goal was a sure thing. Now they are few and far between, like big sighs of relief which take away some of the pressure. In 3 years we have gradually slipped down and down.
"Its Jermaine Defoe.....GOAL!" West Ham 1-1 Manchester United
"Giggs with the shot......SHERINGHAM!!" Bayern Munich 1-2 Manchester united
Why have we suddenly become worse, struggling to pick up points agaqinst teams that are not as good as us?
Don't know about anyone else but I've had enough.
Thu 03/07/03 at 21:31
Regular
"Hellfire Stoker"
All these problems could be sorted if the team was better motivated, that's the problem in my view. If you have a team who is confident and not full of foreigners who are completely incompetent in the English game, you can succeed.
Thu 03/07/03 at 18:56
Regular
what crisis?

;)
Fri 22/11/02 at 11:31
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
I'm tired of people blaming Seba Veron all the time. If Fergie actually played him in a position that Seba has actually played in all his career then we might see the real Veron. He is an attacking midfielder just playing off the front 2 but Fergie with his 'predictable' United side decides to play him in a position that he is so totally not suited to. He is not a workhorse who'll run each end of the pitch for 90 minutes or a person who'd stop a steamroller in it's track with a tackle he's a flair and creative player who can defences easily with brilliant passing however he can't do that 60 yards away smacking long balls all day. Hopefully when Keane or Butt come sback Fergie will open his damn eyes and play Veron in his rightful position and then we will see the magic he is capable of as he has shown in the champ league
Fri 22/11/02 at 00:16
Regular
"I'm Back!!"
Malcior wrote:
> ok i dont need an english lesson

yEs' ;u. DoO!?"
Thu 21/11/02 at 22:55
Regular
"JiltedGaming.co.uk"
you have a good point, but the players man yoo have are all world class players and shouldn't struggle playing one up front or whatever, i dont think its Sir Alec's tactics, its the players mentality, these are world class players for crying out loud, the best their is, if they cant raise their game and play in a 'lets face it' simple formation, then they need a kick up the backside, who better than sir alex.

As for a crisis, your 5th in the prem, 15 other teams would like to have that crisis. The biggest stadium, the most money, the biggest fan base in the world, what kind of a crisis is that? your team has just hit a bad spell for the moment, if the players get themselves together and play to the best of their ability they will pull through fine.

stop moaning, its like you broke a nail or something?
Thu 21/11/02 at 21:51
Regular
"Ar-gen-tina!"
The creator of the finest United team is alas destroying it,

why?

Well let me start way back to Jaap Stam - Best defender in the World, we are on a high winning the premiership and not long ago winning the treble

He is sold - in comes a 35 yr old expected to make an impact like Jaap did - yeh right?

ok one mistake that can be forgotton right?

As long as he buys somone in the summer we will be fine because all we needed was a strong centre back, out strikers were fine - Cole, Yorke, Sheringham, RVN and Solksjaer - thats some talent and cover.

Teddy Sheringham wants to stay but only on if the contract is given to him - nah we'll let him go, he's getting on and we have cover.

The season is under way - and low and behold we play Scholes and RVN upfront because we have bought £28 Veron who has to now be accomadated somehow? - We have Keane, Scholes, Giggs, Becks and Butt - but still no decent centre back and he buys a midfielder - does this make sense?

Andy Cole has had enough because he wants first team football - still Fergie plays Scholes and Giggs upfront and leaves Cole out, he is soon after sold to Blackburn for £7m

we are now left with Yorke, Ole, RVN upfront, so as cover he buys Mr Forlan - a young, talented Uruguyan striker, who has no experiance of English football and may take a while to adjust to the British game - so essentially we have 3 main strikers and one for the future.

We still need a few defenders at the back, so he buys £30 million Rio Ferdinand after having a terrific World Cup.

Right we are set 4 strikers and a strong defence with Wes Brown and O'Shea also in the reckoning.

What does the idiot go and do?

Sell dwight Yorke to Blackburn for £2 million (peanuts)

Now who do we have left upfront? - Ole and RVN and a trainee in Diego.
(Lets hop none of them get injured shall we Alex?)

The season gets worse, Keano is injured/banned and Nicky Butt is also out-

Right so shall we play Becks in the centre with Scholes and Giggs and Veron alongside them right? or play some bright upcoming plyer in Pugh, Nardiello or Woods?

Nah - Left stick a joker in there called P.Neville he will stop them!

and lets try playing Solksjaer on the wing with RVN on his own upfront - that will get us goals wont it Alex?

RVN gets injured and we have noone upfront.

I mean WTF?

Our defence has been much better this season, Rio has had a couple of unfortunate Injuries, but I dont think he's the reason for United's downfall, Fergie's Stupidity is....

He is now saying "we dont know who to sign in january because they are all cup tied now"

Fckin hell - whose fault is that?
Thu 21/11/02 at 19:23
Regular
"JiltedGaming.co.uk"
Malcior wrote:
> The engine of the team, Roy Keane who i, (a united fan) believe is
> brilliant and we need him more than anyone else. Perhaps that Ireland
> world cup stunt was just a little too controversial.

Stunt? have you read his autobiography? it wasn't a 'stunt'.

> As is David Beckham who is not good any more in my opinion, he was once > a young, hungry, consistant crosser who had an eye for goal outside the > area.

not good anymore? lmao.

> Now that he is the England
> skipper, he is just an old veteran who puts in a couple of tackles
> once in a blue moon.

personally i thought he played some of his best football (both club and international level) when Peter Taylor made him captian of the England team.

> Another blunder i think was purchasing Rio ferdinand for
> £30million which I think is a complete waste of money. At first
> I was excited because he had an impressive performance in the world
> cup. Now he is just your average defender. We could of bought a good
> defender for 20million less,

a good defender for 10mil? like who? the money that has to be spent these days is crazy.

If you look at the England players in the other teams, you might notice that none of them have been playing to the best of their ability. add to that Rio's injury which he hasn't fully shacken off yet then i think it's a bit unfair to say he is an average player. (best defender Man Yoo have got).

> we have the an extremely
> bad goal keeper between the sticks. Fabian Barthez is a poor
> goalkeeper. He may be able to stop the odd penalty, but when it comes
> to everything else, he is pathetic. The blunders against henry last
> season were an insult. To lose such an important game to silly bread
> and butter goal keeping is humiliating.

he made a vouple of errors last season yes, oh how i laughed but still, name one keeper who hasn't made any mistakes for a whole season...

> Even this season he has by no
> means been perfect, goaters first goal in the derby was gifted by Gary
> Neville maybe, but the finish was not hit hard and all barthez did was
> what he normally does: jumps in the air with his legs out.

Think thats a bit harsh, it was nearly point blank range. Goater moved from the tight angle at the last minute to open up the far end of the goal for himself, it was impressive finishing.

> Another good point about the Champions League is that it brings out
> the best of Juan Seba Veron. He has been our best player in Europe but
> he cannot prove his £28million cost in the Premiership.

not one single player in the world can justify costing £28 mil.

> Another problem that Manchester United have is the lack of squad
> depth. When you look at other Title contenders like Liverpool and
> Arsenal they have great talents on the bench. Liverpool have great
> players like Diouf, Baros, Cheyrou, kirkland and Traore all mostly on
> the bench. Arsenal have Cygan, Wiltord, Van Bronkhorst, Edu and
> Gilberto Silva. Compare these two impressive lists with Kalam
> Richardson, Phil Neville, Forlan, Fortune and Chadwick.

and then look at the injury list of first team players.
Man Yoo = Keane, Butt, Ferdinand, Scholes...
Liverpool = Gerrard, Xavier...
Arsenal = dont think they got any first team injuries at the moment?

> Recently I seen a program which reviewed the 98/99 treble winning
> season. Watching it made me think back to when we were so destructive
> and fearsome.

hit the nail on the head then, just.

Some of the players seem to be happy now they have won the treble, in Keane's book he quotes, no names mentioned, what a couple of the players said in the dressing room after the champs league final. "Thats It, we done it, i dont care if we never win anything ever again." they should be saying, lets do it again, lets win the champs league twice, three times in a row, thats what the great teams of the past have done, Liverpool, Juventus, Real Madrid and AC Milan.

You cant blame a few individuals for Man Yoo's slump, yes they will make mistakes ,but it's the teams attitude , they can only blame themselves collectivly for the bad performances.

> Manchester united
> Why have we suddenly become worse, struggling to pick up points
> against teams that are not as good as us?

the dream won't last forever...
Thu 21/11/02 at 18:30
I agree that Keane is a fine player. He is the second best midfield player in the Premiership - behind Patrick Vieira. However, your comment about Beckham is just crazy. He may not be on top of his game recently but to say he is no longer very good is ridiculous. I am sure there would be managers from all the top clubs waiving their cheque books if Alex decided to sell Mr Goldenballs.
Thu 21/11/02 at 17:56
Regular
"Notable"
ok i dont need an english lesson
Thu 21/11/02 at 17:53
Regular
topic looks okay but plz it would be easier to read with spaces and paragraphs.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.