GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Hmmm, come here..."

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 21/11/02 at 11:19
Regular
Ok, a friend of mine came to me with a problem. His problem was this:

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/hazel.catlin/

He has started his own courier company, and asked another friend of his to do him a website. Unfortunately, he had no idea he would com up with the utter travesty above. Oh, make sure you have the sound turned up for a right laugh, especially if you follow the links the www.luckylucas.com or whatever it is. *chuckles*

First thing I did was make sure he stopped using ntl homepage to display his site. Got him signed up with Freeola, and properly registered.

I've redone his site, and it's now gone live, as you can see here:

http://www.mcc-couriers.co.uk

It took me the better part of a whole weekend to put most of it together, and to me at least, it's a vast improvement. But it still needs work. I want to redo the menu, to fix a few things. Probably make the menu out of convenient gifs or something.

Could you guys just run your magic thought processes over it, and give me any ideas you might have. Any debug info would be nice.

However, it should be noted that I want to keep the pages simple and fast loading.

Cheers,
IB
Sun 24/11/02 at 18:45
"Darkness, always"
Miserableman wrote:
> First up, amalgamate the Advertise and the Contact Us sections,
> there's not enough there to make two. Don't expect anyone to come to
> you asking if you will advertise their products either :O)
>
> Secondly, your red links across the top and bottom of the page are
> duplicated all over the place. You only have six sections you're
> pointing to, with 10 links!
>
> Thirdly, reverse the colours of the background and the right panel, so
> the bg is white and the panel is blue. This will stop the top banner
> looking ugly, as the edges of it won't be visible. Either that or edit
> the banner so it has the same light blue background.
>
> Other than that, much better :O)

cheers for the advice, it's appreciated. In honesty, the banner was produced before the page template, but it can easilly be edited. I'll have a look into making some of the changes.

Cheers
Sun 24/11/02 at 18:44
"Darkness, always"
OK, the site with the list is this:

http://www.brainstorm.co.uk/utils/

if you could e-mail the code, that would save me some time!!

my home e-mail is [email protected]

Cheers
IB
Sun 24/11/02 at 12:37
Regular
"It goes so quickly"
Insane Bartender wrote:
> If you want the link, I can dig it out when I get home.

If you could get the link, that would be cool.

Whats your E-mail address?? As I have a script that I think will be suited for your contact form. I've already set it to work for you with the E-mail Address you wanted the data to go to, so if you want it, I'll send it to you.

It also includes a function to ensure the person filling it in includes their name, E-mail Address and Comments. If you want it to esure more of the fields are filled in, that can be easily done :o)
Fri 22/11/02 at 13:31
Regular
"bing bang bong"
First up, amalgamate the Advertise and the Contact Us sections, there's not enough there to make two. Don't expect anyone to come to you asking if you will advertise their products either :O)

Secondly, your red links across the top and bottom of the page are duplicated all over the place. You only have six sections you're pointing to, with 10 links!

Thirdly, reverse the colours of the background and the right panel, so the bg is white and the panel is blue. This will stop the top banner looking ugly, as the edges of it won't be visible. Either that or edit the banner so it has the same light blue background.

Other than that, much better :O)
Fri 22/11/02 at 12:25
Regular
"It goes so quickly"
That would be cool, thanks :o).
Fri 22/11/02 at 10:32
"Darkness, always"
I scoured the web for a site that already had it done. I tihnk it has the code for the postcode finder available on the site (perl), so I might not have to code anything.

If you want the link, I can dig it out when I get home.
Thu 21/11/02 at 22:14
Regular
"It goes so quickly"
That's the hard part I ment. Where did you get the file of all the post codes?
Thu 21/11/02 at 20:49
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
Im not sure how i ended up posting in here. I think thats like my 5th post ever in this forum.
Thu 21/11/02 at 16:47
"Darkness, always"
It's not that hard. I have a txt file with every post code in the UK, and the address it relates to. So it's just a matter of putting the right script together.
Thu 21/11/02 at 15:37
Regular
"It goes so quickly"
Insane Bartender wrote:
> I want a postcode finder.

That could be pretty hard to do.... have you started that yet?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.