GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Software First"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 13/12/00 at 11:40
Regular
Hi,

Sorry if this is the wrong place to put this posting, but I'm new here and know no better. Forgive me.

Anyway...

Has anyone ever ordered online from Software First? I ordered a PS One for my Dad's Christmas on Wednesday, and apart from one automated confirmation e-mail, received no other word from them, despite being told in the automated response that I could expect an e-mail from a real life human being within 36 hours. Once the 36 hours had well and truly passed, I phoned them to ask about the order. Twice. And they said I'd have to phone back and ask someone else. Twice.

I then sent an e-mail, which to this day has gone unanswered.

Last night I got a phone call from a woman who curtly told me they had no PS Ones left in stock, and wouldn't be getting any until after Christmas. I was then left feeling like a contestant on The Weakest Link, when she very abruptly said "Goodbye".

Has anyone else bought anything from this company, and if so, did they receive service anything like this?

Cheers,

Baz
Wed 13/12/00 at 18:25
Regular
"I like cheese"
(sorry) Anyway, I've ordered of Software First, and they were fine.
I PRE-ORDERED MY PS2 OFF THESLAMMER!!! I did that 'cos Damo reccommended I get it off there, and as they were small, they'd have more PS2s. They've replied to all my e-mails within 2 days, and say I will get it in January or February. They seem all right. I also don't see how they can give me the wrong item. Unless they give me a PSOne, but surely they're not that bad???
Wed 13/12/00 at 18:22
Regular
"I like cheese"
I pre-ordered my
Wed 13/12/00 at 16:14
Oh, happy ending to the story, though - just got a PS One from my local branch of Curry's. Bit of a stroke of luck, that.

Baz
Wed 13/12/00 at 15:43
Regular
"ATAT Supremo"
I worked in that software first shop for a day - its basically a tiny shop with a very cramped back room. Was all excited about working in a game shop - till i went in there. Was just surrounded by game boxes all day, given boring jobs to do and watched as the disorganised staff tried to put orders out - along with them having to deal with lots of "unhappy" customers on the phone.

Certainly wasn't like the other games shop i worked in which was a really nice experience :-)
Remember one "shop" i ordered from was actually one bloke selling the stuff from his house ! ;-))

Couldn't wait to get my Neo Geo CD games i wanted, so i travelled to Kent. Was looking for a shop when i actually found it was a house ;-))

Wouldn't be surprised if TheSlammer is actually the same sorta thing.
Wed 13/12/00 at 11:50
Regular
"not dead"
No, but I had trouble with theslammer. I'd avoid them at all costs. I only tried to order from them because they were giving away £10 vouchers. I later found that you could only spend £1 at a time, even though it didn't say this anywhere!
Luckily they no longer stock the game I was after, (even though they still have it displayed as available).
When I finally did order a game, they sent the wrong one, and I had to badger them for ages to get my money back.

Stick with SR. (Though I just checked and they don't have any PSOnes in at the mo either). They might be getting more in so it's worthing giving them a call.
Wed 13/12/00 at 11:40
Hi,

Sorry if this is the wrong place to put this posting, but I'm new here and know no better. Forgive me.

Anyway...

Has anyone ever ordered online from Software First? I ordered a PS One for my Dad's Christmas on Wednesday, and apart from one automated confirmation e-mail, received no other word from them, despite being told in the automated response that I could expect an e-mail from a real life human being within 36 hours. Once the 36 hours had well and truly passed, I phoned them to ask about the order. Twice. And they said I'd have to phone back and ask someone else. Twice.

I then sent an e-mail, which to this day has gone unanswered.

Last night I got a phone call from a woman who curtly told me they had no PS Ones left in stock, and wouldn't be getting any until after Christmas. I was then left feeling like a contestant on The Weakest Link, when she very abruptly said "Goodbye".

Has anyone else bought anything from this company, and if so, did they receive service anything like this?

Cheers,

Baz

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.