GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Money Grabbers!!!"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 13/12/00 at 10:14
Regular
I was looking in a classified ad leaflet this morning and I saw an ad for a PS2 the person selling it wanted £2000!!!!
Come on this is getting ridculous. I`ve also seen many ad`s on Ebay with prices ranging from £450 to £1500.

I think that this is disgusting and amounts to crminal behaviour! because A.) These people are taking advantage of anyone else who wants a PS2 for Xmas. And B.) This also really annoys me as these people obviously only bought theirs with the sole intention of making a massive profit!!

They obviously never really wanted one to play any games on unlike me!!!!!

I`m still waiting for mine! and these people got theirs first which I think is very unfair.

I know that there are a lot of people out there who are in the same boat as me. I hope that you all get your new consoles soon Good luck!!!
Wed 13/12/00 at 22:56
Ah, but IS it only worth £300 now?

If an object creates a demand, and if that demand out-strips availability, that makes the object RARE.

If an object is rare, it becomes more valuable. If Mr. Da Vinci had mass produced Mona Lisa's, it would not be the priceless masterpiece that we know today.

Another point that you must take into consideration is, the PS2 is only worth what people are WILLING to pay for it. Nowhere have you seen people paying extortionate amounts of money for the console with a gun to their backs. I say that if someone is willing to pay a silly amount for something, let them!

And as for the people who are doing the selling, enjoy your money...........while it lasts. It may buy you a lot of things, but it will not last forever. Take it from someone who knows.
Wed 13/12/00 at 18:43
Humpo

Ok I know that these people are just seizing an opportunity but! and it`s a big but making a £1700 profit is just a bit much! All I can say is that if anybody pays £2000 for something that is only worth £300 then they are a mug!! I mean come on for that money you could buy a state of the art PC and a PS2 and pocket the change!

Anyway the reason I am fed up about not getting my PS2 is this I pre-ordered mine way back in April!! So as you can surely understand 8 Months is a long time to wait.

Anyway I don`t care what anyone says making that much profit is just disgusting and there is no excuse for exploiting people that way. I think that something should be done about it.

And also if Sony had got their act together and had sent over more PS2`s something like 500,000 of them instead of the measely 150,000 we wouldn`t have the problem.

Anyway i`ve had my moan I leave it to you all to see what you think.
Maybe I`ll feel happier when I finally get my PS2.

See ya :>(
Wed 13/12/00 at 14:04
Regular
I agree with PuLsEd OuT, (though I ordered mine on Sept 7th anyway, and got it at launch) because some stores were waiting for all forms to be filled on, before sending them off, where as some stores seemed to send them off in batches.
Wed 13/12/00 at 13:48
Regular
"not dead"
PuLsEd OuT wrote:
> Well that isn't entierly true, i think it's more who you ordered
> it with, sum companies didn't send there pre-order forms out till
> late. i placed my order on November the 12th or 14th, i got it a
> week after launch.

Did you order yours from that site that bjlangley posted on here?
Wed 13/12/00 at 13:35
Well that isn't entierly true, i think it's more who you ordered it with, sum companies didn't send there pre-order forms out till late. i placed my order on November the 12th or 14th, i got it a week after launch.
Wed 13/12/00 at 10:43
Regular
"~SRS~humpo"
i understand your greivences but the guys who sell there PS2s at inflated prices are just seizing on a business opprtunity you can hardly blame them for that. if you wanted a ps2 so much you should have got up early on september the 7th and queued like me
Wed 13/12/00 at 10:14
I was looking in a classified ad leaflet this morning and I saw an ad for a PS2 the person selling it wanted £2000!!!!
Come on this is getting ridculous. I`ve also seen many ad`s on Ebay with prices ranging from £450 to £1500.

I think that this is disgusting and amounts to crminal behaviour! because A.) These people are taking advantage of anyone else who wants a PS2 for Xmas. And B.) This also really annoys me as these people obviously only bought theirs with the sole intention of making a massive profit!!

They obviously never really wanted one to play any games on unlike me!!!!!

I`m still waiting for mine! and these people got theirs first which I think is very unfair.

I know that there are a lot of people out there who are in the same boat as me. I hope that you all get your new consoles soon Good luck!!!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.