GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"European Player of the year award"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 19/11/02 at 19:39
Regular
Owen, Zidane, Ronaldo, Rivaldo and Figo have all won the European Player of the year award before, now will one of these players be the first person to win it more than once? Marco Van Basten is the only player to have achieved this and he won it three times.

50 European-based players are in the running for this year’s award, but the ones I have listed are the favourites to win with Ronaldo being the bookies number 1 choice.

Now I know these are all great players, but in the last year none of them have been playing consistently enough at their 'peek' to merit a win. So who actually deserves this year's award?

Your suggestions please.
Tue 19/11/02 at 19:39
Regular
"JiltedGaming.co.uk"
Owen, Zidane, Ronaldo, Rivaldo and Figo have all won the European Player of the year award before, now will one of these players be the first person to win it more than once? Marco Van Basten is the only player to have achieved this and he won it three times.

50 European-based players are in the running for this year’s award, but the ones I have listed are the favourites to win with Ronaldo being the bookies number 1 choice.

Now I know these are all great players, but in the last year none of them have been playing consistently enough at their 'peek' to merit a win. So who actually deserves this year's award?

Your suggestions please.
Tue 19/11/02 at 21:35
Regular
"Too Orangy For Crow"
I've heard Thierry Henry might get it...
Tue 19/11/02 at 21:39
Regular
"Bring the beat back"
Ronaldo because of his great performance in the world cup.
Tue 19/11/02 at 23:40
Regular
"Great Scott's"
Pires should be in the list
Wed 20/11/02 at 00:17
Regular
"JiltedGaming.co.uk"
>Grandprix
>I've heard Thierry Henry might get it...

maybe, im not to sure, after France's poor world cup..

>Fishtobeking
>Ronaldo because of his great performance in the world cup.

I think he will win it for his world cup preformance, but he has been very poor at club level. Think it would be unfair on those who had a great world cup and played well domestically, would be good if a dark horse won it, Gary Nev.. i'll get me coat!

>Wayne_Rooney
>Pires should be in the list

I think he is, but its the Years award and he has been injured most of it, again the world cup will have a big influence on who wins the award.
Wed 20/11/02 at 00:33
Regular
"Ar-gen-tina!"
Phil Neville.
Wed 20/11/02 at 00:46
Regular
"5 European Cups!!!"
Phil Neville. How he hasn't been mentioned before Neo said is BEYOND ME!..

:D
Wed 20/11/02 at 14:31
Regular
"Great Scott's"
I heard that he is not on the list. From Talk Sport i think
Wed 20/11/02 at 14:33
"Darkness, always"
Ronaldo? Has he even been back from injury for a year?
Wed 20/11/02 at 14:39
Regular
He only played a handful of games for Inter before the World cup and people were still doubting his fitness then.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan
Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.