GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"PC Online Only Games (RPG's)"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 19/11/02 at 17:20
Regular
I thought this topic would get better audience in here rather than PC Gaming ? probably wrong.

I want peoples opinions as to the best RPG Online only game, I really want to get into one but with such time/money commitment I don't know which one to choose, I don't have a great experience in these sort of games to date but know the main good/bad points of this genre.

Do I get the latest release (Asheron's Call 2) when it's released in a couple of weeks or go for something tried & tested ?

Any sensible opinions welcome. Thanks
Tue 19/11/02 at 22:23
Yay Legend of Mir, I played that for well over a year since it was in beta last June 2001. Its really addictive but can take some time to get into. Theres only a few thousand who play it so everyone basically knows or has heard of everyone else who play. Also whats a bit of a pain is that becoz its been played for so long, a majority of the people are at stupidlky high levels that have taken over a year to get 2, and they kinda just walk over everything. Free Client, free till lvl 7 (takes abt a day to reach that, maybe a bit longer if you dnt know what your doing), and £7 a month after that.

Very good though, Ive stopped playing because my account ran out for a while, and Im looking for something brand new so i can be one of the first to join :)
Tue 19/11/02 at 20:47
Regular
"IT'S ALIVE!!"
I played Planetarion for 2 rounds, and although my mates laughed at me because it's just text and numbers and you have to kill people and planets with them :) but it's a class game and gives you an excuse to use IRC.
I havn't played any other online only games but Legend or Mir? and Diablo are supposed to be amazingly addictive. They both cost money to play though £50 or so per month/year, Planetarion was £7 for the last round but it's stopping in a couple of weeks..never to be played again.
Tue 19/11/02 at 19:13
Regular
"Eff, you see, kay?"
Sorry mate, here we don't play games, only make them go faster.
Tue 19/11/02 at 17:20
Regular
"Dont come here ofte"
I thought this topic would get better audience in here rather than PC Gaming ? probably wrong.

I want peoples opinions as to the best RPG Online only game, I really want to get into one but with such time/money commitment I don't know which one to choose, I don't have a great experience in these sort of games to date but know the main good/bad points of this genre.

Do I get the latest release (Asheron's Call 2) when it's released in a couple of weeks or go for something tried & tested ?

Any sensible opinions welcome. Thanks

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.