GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Songs in games"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 12/12/00 at 22:05
Regular
Why dont they use pop songs in games ,i mean they have donr but not very often,they normally get someone else to write dodgy stuff at home for the background music.Though some games have great sountracks,Jet Set Radio has the best this year with some bumppin tunes that are toptally crazy.I cant help but feel that sime games would gain by using popular track tunes in their games.for example,the increadible Shenmue,right at the start where his father dies and the rain comes down near the trees,i cant help but hear the STAN track come on from Eminem,that would be great there, and would really boast the emotion that run through that part.Games like snowboarding legend SSX could have some top club tunes like Spillers old recod,while gliding down the slopes.I feel that games are not getting the right treatment in the music industry,just think ,the publicity that the singer would get if his or hers track was on a game.Music in games should be utilized more and expanded to the next generation of home entertainment.
Tue 12/12/00 at 22:05
Why dont they use pop songs in games ,i mean they have donr but not very often,they normally get someone else to write dodgy stuff at home for the background music.Though some games have great sountracks,Jet Set Radio has the best this year with some bumppin tunes that are toptally crazy.I cant help but feel that sime games would gain by using popular track tunes in their games.for example,the increadible Shenmue,right at the start where his father dies and the rain comes down near the trees,i cant help but hear the STAN track come on from Eminem,that would be great there, and would really boast the emotion that run through that part.Games like snowboarding legend SSX could have some top club tunes like Spillers old recod,while gliding down the slopes.I feel that games are not getting the right treatment in the music industry,just think ,the publicity that the singer would get if his or hers track was on a game.Music in games should be utilized more and expanded to the next generation of home entertainment.
Tue 12/12/00 at 22:06
Staff Moderator
"Must lose weight"
Welcome ollie

Do you know the rules. Grix can tell you them.

In the mean time, you'll find the space bar near the bottom of your keyboard and the enter key somewhere on the right.

Like this

See?
Tue 12/12/00 at 22:11
"Uzi Lover"
They use Pop songs in many games and it dramatically improves them. I sometimes play them just to hear songs!

Good examples are Crazy Taxi and Tony Hawks 1 and 2!
Genius!
Tue 12/12/00 at 22:39
Regular
"ATAT Supremo"
I remember the first song i heard in a game. It was on King Of Fighters '94 on the Neo Geo CD. It was a good japanese song for the china level :-)
I remember it added a lot of atmosphere when i took my japanese team in to whoop the china team ;-))
Wed 13/12/00 at 08:36
Regular
"not dead"
Yes, but it would make some games unplayable. Disney games are bad enough as it is, but what if it had a soundtrack penned, and performed by the like of Elton John, Phil Collins, and Sting?

Yikes!
Wed 13/12/00 at 12:56
I think Consoles should have built in MP3 converters, you put in your favourite CDs convert the tracks to MP3s and save your favourite tunes to a memory card, or internal Console memory. Then in your games you could choose to play your favourite tunes as background music.

In summary I want a MP3 player converter system as standard in next gen consoles.

Does anyone else think this is a good idea

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!
Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.