GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Common Sense"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 23/09/06 at 12:19
Regular
Found this while bored on the t'internet ...

Today we mourn the passing of a beloved old friend, Common Sense, who has been with us for many years. No one knows for sure how old he was, since his birth records were long ago lost in bureaucratic red tape.

He will be remembered as having cultivated such valuable lessons as knowing when to come in out of the rain, why the early bird gets the worm, life isn't always fair, and maybe it was my fault.

Common Sense lived by simple, sound financial policies (don't spend more than you earn);and reliable parenting strategies (adults, not children, are in charge).

His health began to deteriorate rapidly when well intentioned but overbearing regulations were set in place.

Reports of a six-year-old boy charged with sexual harassment for kissing a classmate; teens suspended from school for using mouthwash after lunch; and a teacher fired for reprimanding an unruly student, only worsened his condition.

Common Sense lost ground when parents attacked teachers for doing the job they failed to do in disciplining their unruly children.It declined even further when schools were required to get parental consent to administer Panadol, sun lotion or a sticky plaster to a student; but, could not inform the parents when a student became pregnant and wanted to have an abortion.

Common Sense lost the will to live as the Ten Commandments became contraband; churches became businesses; and criminals received better treatment than their victims.

Common Sense took a beating when you couldn't defend yourself from a burglar in your own home and the burglar can sue you for assault. Common Sense finally gave up the will to live, after a woman failed to realise that a steaming cup of coffee was hot. She spilled a little in her lap, and was promptly awarded a huge settlement.

Common Sense was preceded in death by his parents, Truth and Trust;his wife, Discretion; his daughter, Responsibility; and his son, Reason. He is survived by three stepbrothers:I Know My Rights, Someone Else is to Blame, and I'm A Victim.

Not many attended his funeral because so few realised he was gone. If you still remember him pass this on. If not, join the majority and do nothing.
Sun 24/09/06 at 11:17
Regular
"Hellfire Stoker"
Agreed... so much of this so-called Political Correctness is simply, well, idiotic. I guess a lot of it comes from fear; fear of upsetting people, fear of being sued and so on. Getting kids to wear goggles playing conkers... what the hell? It's just simply overblown and ridiculous. The government will subsidise anything aside from fun, as Jeremy Clarkson once so bluntly put it.

If someone is in my house trying to steal my stuff, I have every right to beat the crap out of them with a cricket bat or whatever, as they shouldn't be here or helping themself to my property, and could pose a threat to me... ok, I might injure them, but anyone depraved enough to steal another person's property deserves it, and I have a right to own property, so have one to defend it. Maybe that's a tad extreme a thought, but no one deserves to be charged with assault for defending themself and my property.
Sat 23/09/06 at 23:30
Regular
"The definitive tag"
Stuff like that makes my blood boil. If you're on someone else's property with bad intentions and no permission, then you deserve to get hurt. It makes me absoulutely sick that people can claim off injuries the get when they are robbing a place. It's utter bs.
Sat 23/09/06 at 15:19
Regular
"@RichSmedley"
Alfonse wrote:

> I think if someone trespasses on your property, you should be
> able to beat the crap out of them and not get in trouble :/

If I ever found someone in my house I'd lose it and beat the crap out of them no doubt no matter what trouble I'd get into. The satisfaction would outweigh the punishment many times over.

I remember reading an article about a burgler who tried to break into someones house by crawling across an extention that had a glass roof and he fell through and successfully sued the owner of the house for his injuries.

To add to that the judge ordered the owner to strengthen the roof so it could't happen again in the future!

This is absolutely true by the way!
Sat 23/09/06 at 13:17
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
Tis quite a simple trick around that, once in your house and you give him a good beating, drag his criminal self out the front door and leave him on the pavement. Call the ambulance or whatever and say there's a hurt man on the pavement. It's not like he's going to say *Hey i was in there stealing and that guy beat me up and dragged me out here* and even if he did it's not like he'll have any proof. (Though i'm sure in this day and age the cops would do their damndest to try and prosecute you while letting the guy off)
Sat 23/09/06 at 12:30
Regular
I think if someone trespasses on your property, you should be able to beat the crap out of them and not get in trouble :/
Sat 23/09/06 at 12:19
Regular
Found this while bored on the t'internet ...

Today we mourn the passing of a beloved old friend, Common Sense, who has been with us for many years. No one knows for sure how old he was, since his birth records were long ago lost in bureaucratic red tape.

He will be remembered as having cultivated such valuable lessons as knowing when to come in out of the rain, why the early bird gets the worm, life isn't always fair, and maybe it was my fault.

Common Sense lived by simple, sound financial policies (don't spend more than you earn);and reliable parenting strategies (adults, not children, are in charge).

His health began to deteriorate rapidly when well intentioned but overbearing regulations were set in place.

Reports of a six-year-old boy charged with sexual harassment for kissing a classmate; teens suspended from school for using mouthwash after lunch; and a teacher fired for reprimanding an unruly student, only worsened his condition.

Common Sense lost ground when parents attacked teachers for doing the job they failed to do in disciplining their unruly children.It declined even further when schools were required to get parental consent to administer Panadol, sun lotion or a sticky plaster to a student; but, could not inform the parents when a student became pregnant and wanted to have an abortion.

Common Sense lost the will to live as the Ten Commandments became contraband; churches became businesses; and criminals received better treatment than their victims.

Common Sense took a beating when you couldn't defend yourself from a burglar in your own home and the burglar can sue you for assault. Common Sense finally gave up the will to live, after a woman failed to realise that a steaming cup of coffee was hot. She spilled a little in her lap, and was promptly awarded a huge settlement.

Common Sense was preceded in death by his parents, Truth and Trust;his wife, Discretion; his daughter, Responsibility; and his son, Reason. He is survived by three stepbrothers:I Know My Rights, Someone Else is to Blame, and I'm A Victim.

Not many attended his funeral because so few realised he was gone. If you still remember him pass this on. If not, join the majority and do nothing.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie
Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.