GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Be careful what you order! It might not come out the way you expect it to!"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 12/12/00 at 18:47
Regular
My brother ordered T.W.I.N.E. for N64 about 2 weeks ago expecting it to arrive at our house last Friday. We ordered in plenty of time but we haven't seen any sign of it!

We waited a few days in case there were problems with Royal Mail but on Saturday the game I ordered, Pokémon Trading Card Game, arrived.

So y brother was starting to get annoyed and we waited til around 10 minutes ago to phone Special Reserve to check to see if it's been dispatched.

It turns out that because Special Reserve let people order the game almost half a year before it was released, they haven't been able to send out enough copies and "wont be sending any more" (quoted from the customer helpline) They said it was because Nintendo haven't sent out enough copies to them as there has been huge demand fom other shops.

Shouldn't Special Reserve have checked this before advertising The World Is Not Enough in their magazine? My brother has got a refund and is gonna buy it from Game in town.

What's worse is those who don't enquire and get a refund will be giving Special Reserve more than the asked price as Special REserve will be able to claim interest from the bank because the money will be in their account!

And in another topic I said really good things about Special Reserve!

How could you do this to your customers? It wasn't Gameaday, we actually bought this so if anyone from Special Reserve replies make sure it's not anyone from the Gameaday service because Gameaday seems to have gone smoothly since it started! This was a fault by the people who are in charge of the orders!
Wed 13/12/00 at 11:14
Staff Moderator
"Must lose weight"
The product (TWINE) has a readme button on it. This gives the latest situation as we know it (well allowing for a few hours delay)

i.e. a search for WOR ENOU in the search box at the top of every page will bring up the product. Click the readme button.
Wed 13/12/00 at 10:18
Perhaps you could have an area of the site for situations like this
Wed 13/12/00 at 10:14
Regular
"not dead"
Ali@specialreserve wrote:
> And if your Gameaday prize doesn't show up, it's not my fault!

Yes it is Ali. You and only you are responsible for delivering Gameadays. You are responsible for Royal Mail deliveries, trains running late, and the weather.

You're obviously way too busy to be posting messages here, so I suggest you get on with putting a stop to these high speed winds :P
Wed 13/12/00 at 10:09
And if your Gameaday prize doesn't show up, it's not my fault!
Wed 13/12/00 at 08:00
Regular
"not dead"
tony wrote:

> Yes we were let down (badly) and we did not get enough

You see people, it's not just the customers that get a rough ride.

If the chain is weak towards the top, it's going to break before it gets to the bottom, so not only do we not get the games we want, SR have to deal with all of the related crap, through something that's not their fault.

Remember people, when ever you deal with customer representatives on a telephone line it's not their fault!
Tue 12/12/00 at 20:36
Staff Moderator
"Must lose weight"
s'okay

(remember we are not 100% sure yet)
Tue 12/12/00 at 20:35
Regular
By the way, thanks for letting me know!
Tue 12/12/00 at 20:32
Staff Moderator
"Must lose weight"
Our information was that we would not get any more

Our person on the phone was just being honest
Tue 12/12/00 at 20:31
Regular
So because of the person on the phone telling me that SR weren't getting TWINE SR have lost that sale to us!

I'm not blaming you, just the person who told the person who was on the phones
Tue 12/12/00 at 19:15
Staff Moderator
"Must lose weight"
Edgy

Status on this at present is

Yes we had a confirmed order for plenty of stock. We ordered really early and chased it right through the lead up to release.
Yes we were let down (badly) and we did not get enough
Yes we thought we could not get any more and were about to send out refunds

But - it looks like we'll be getting more on Monday so we should be able to supply all orders! We can't be absolutely sure until we get our sticky mits on them.

We're sorry for the delay but we are doing everything possible and it's definitely not our fault

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.
Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.