GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Increasing food prices"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 18/09/08 at 13:08
Regular
I'm going shopping in a bit, but I'll be back later. Try not to miss me too much.

Talking of shopping, I'm still surprised how much the prices have gone up. Soon we'll all be eating Tesco Value food. I use to buy these healthy jelly pots and they're almost a pound each now. They've gone up by a third. Someone tell me when the prices are going to go back down, it's getting ridiculous now.
Thu 18/09/08 at 22:07
Regular
"eat toast!"
Yes food is getting expensive.

I can quite easily be the ultimate cheap skate in my family and amongst my friends. I find ways to cut corners whenever possible. I buy value goods rather then brands, i go for the cheapest thing that gets the job done (without sacrificing quality), i don't buy take aways or go to macs (expensive and nasty stuff), i don't go to the cinema unless its with orange wednesday, why would i pay for something when i can watch it on tv for free? (but i did go to watch the dark knight though!), i make my own lunch with sainsbury value ham, eating is considered a waste of time and i spend the least amount of time and effort to prepare it as it drains away time for more worth while things. Even bake beans on toast is considered too long. I usually get instant noodles that take 3 minuates with boiling water and wolf it down in just as much time.

EDIT: At other times i try and eat healthy as veg tends to fill you up much more then actually eating ready meals, meat etc. Oh and its cheap and decent quality to cook frozen peas and the such.

Yeah, so i'm pretty much the worst person to ask for a date.
Thu 18/09/08 at 13:35
"Was the man of marz"
Machie wrote:
> Talking of shopping, I'm still surprised how much the prices
> have gone up. Soon we'll all be eating Tesco Value food. I use to
> buy these healthy jelly pots and they're almost a pound each now.
> They've gone up by a third. Someone tell me when the prices are
> going to go back down, it's getting ridiculous now.

When we start producing our own food again. It’s odd how the media etc talk of supermarket price wars, when although popular items such as fruit or fizzy drinks have gone down a bit, the majority of other products have gone up. Cooking actual meal's no longer cost effective with all of the ingredients costing more.

EDIT:
This may help though.

The promo code you need is MSTV
Thu 18/09/08 at 13:08
Regular
I'm going shopping in a bit, but I'll be back later. Try not to miss me too much.

Talking of shopping, I'm still surprised how much the prices have gone up. Soon we'll all be eating Tesco Value food. I use to buy these healthy jelly pots and they're almost a pound each now. They've gone up by a third. Someone tell me when the prices are going to go back down, it's getting ridiculous now.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.