GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Interesting tidbits on Episode 2 DVD"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 17/11/02 at 23:24
Regular
I've been watching the excellent Star Wars Episode II DVD over the weekend, and the commentary from George Lucas, Rick McCallum and friends is quite interesting. As usual, they pointed out some cool little things happening in the background (in the speeder chase, there's an X-Wing being chased by three TIE fighters in a big trench) and the DVD generally makes the film more interesting.

One point of note, is where Jango Fett bangs his head as he's boarding his ship just after the fight with Obi Wan on the platform. Apparently, they did it on purpose, because obviously with a bucket on your head, you can't always see where you're going. And, seeing as Jango was the basis for all the clones ie. the Stormtroopers, this explains why you can see Stormtroopers banging their heads off of doorframes etc. in the original films. Pretty crafty, eh? I like the fact they went into this much detail to cover up a crappy bit from Episode IV, it shows they care ;)

There's also a cool bit in the commentary where Lucas reveals another interesting bit that spans across the two series. In Episode II, Obi Wan escapes from Jango and Boba in the asteroid field scene by landing on the asteroid, and they fly straight past. In Empire, Han Solo tries the exact same thing with the Millennium Falcon, and who's the only person who isn't fooled by it? Boba Fett, because he's had it done to him before. I'm such a geek, I appreciate stupid stuff like that.

So go get the DVD, it rules, and it's actually made me like the film even more. You don't get the same sound quality as you do in the cinema (obviously) which means the seismic blasts don't sound as cool as they did, but it's still a bloody good Star Wars film, which jizzes on Episode I.

Officially the nerdiest post I've ever written.
Tue 19/11/02 at 21:04
Regular
Stryke wrote:
> Also, Kit Fisto needs to have a much
> more significant role i.e. a role.

lol
Tue 19/11/02 at 20:43
I want Natalie Portman to get her baps out
Tue 19/11/02 at 20:36
Regular
I want to see a climatic battle on an area with lava all around them between Obi-Wan, Mace and Anakin. Also, Kit Fisto needs to have a much more significant role i.e. a role. Mace will sacrifice his life so Obi-Wan can push Anakin into lava. Curses, screams Anakin, and accidentally destroys Jar-Jar. Somehow.

I reckon David Lynch should direct a SW movie. It'd be funny.
Tue 19/11/02 at 17:35
"Darth Vader 3442321"
I just want episode III to be Vader kicking off in numerous bars and the like, proving his mastery of the force. Hopefully Jar-Jar will end up as his b****-gimp...
Tue 19/11/02 at 12:58
Regular
"Wants Spymate on dv"
RM18 wrote:
> Rumour has it that they have shot the end of Episode 3 already...

Yea, that was in one of the dvd extras wasn't it. They were filming in Tatooine/Tunisia, and Lucas said they had filmed a scene there to save them from having to get all the cast & crew back there again in a few years.
Tue 19/11/02 at 12:54
Regular
"Wants Spymate on dv"
I was also thinking about other Star Wars directors.
Having recently watched Episode II & The Killer, I thought about a Star Wars film directed by John Woo.
Leaping around with slow-mo two laser gun action, lots of white Mynocks (doves), bad dubbing, OTT religious symbolism and perhaps Chewbacca wearing a trenchcoat and wielding a big laser shotgun, etc.
Tue 19/11/02 at 12:52
Regular
Mr Snuggly wrote:
> You have to feel for Lucas though, he's got the hardest task in cinema
> history on his hands now, tieing together arguably the two most
> popular trilogies of all time in Episode III. Wouldn't want to be in
> his shoes...

Rumour has it that they have shot the end of Episode 3 already...
Tue 19/11/02 at 12:32
Regular
"TheShiznit.co.uk"
I was thinking last night, when Lucas is finished doing his Star Wars movies, he should give the series to someone like David Fincher. Imagine a Star Wars movie, dark and moody (perhaps rated 18) set after Jedi directed by someone like Fincher? But then, would that destroy the point of Star Wars - is it meant to be a kids film, and only a kids film?
Tue 19/11/02 at 11:50
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
Totoro wrote:
> They should have got the Japanese to make it.

Hell yeah! A manga/anime Star Wars series would rule! Hopefully it won't be like "The Amazing Adventures of R2D2 and C3PO", or whatever that series was called. Or Ewoks. Or "A Wookie Holiday Special". Christ almighty.
Tue 19/11/02 at 11:14
Regular
"Wants Spymate on dv"
They should have got the Japanese to make it.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.