GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Found a bargain!!!"

The "Nintendo Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 12/12/00 at 15:19
Regular
It is great to see all the old classic games making a return on the Game Boy Color, for instance Cannon Fodder, Donkey Kong Country and Lemmings. Some recent releases too have been brilliant, take Metal Gear Solid, Tony Hawks 2, Perfect Dark and Driver for example.
The best thing about the Game Boy though is the back catalogue of games. There are hundreds of titles (new, old, classic, original).
If you shop around you will always find some of the original titles. Take for instance Prince of Persia - I found this the other day for a bargain price of under a tenner. This was the original 'Tomb Raider' of its day and even by todays standards it stands out as a great peice of software.
I remember having it on my Master System and the game was just brilliant. The difficulty was just right, there were loads of moves and the animation was amazing.
This has faithfully all been restored for the GBC version. It may look like a ten year old game but the gameplay could even better some games of this day and age. It is a great challenge and by no means easy. I think there are about 10-12 levels and you are expected to complete them in under an hour. It can get bloody difficult and frustrating but thats a sign of a great game.
I personally think the price of new Game Boy titles are a bit too steep, I mean you can now get some brilliant PSX games for less of the price. It is always worth checking out the bargains cause some of the best games ever made can be found!!
Tue 12/12/00 at 15:19
Regular
"Whatever!"
It is great to see all the old classic games making a return on the Game Boy Color, for instance Cannon Fodder, Donkey Kong Country and Lemmings. Some recent releases too have been brilliant, take Metal Gear Solid, Tony Hawks 2, Perfect Dark and Driver for example.
The best thing about the Game Boy though is the back catalogue of games. There are hundreds of titles (new, old, classic, original).
If you shop around you will always find some of the original titles. Take for instance Prince of Persia - I found this the other day for a bargain price of under a tenner. This was the original 'Tomb Raider' of its day and even by todays standards it stands out as a great peice of software.
I remember having it on my Master System and the game was just brilliant. The difficulty was just right, there were loads of moves and the animation was amazing.
This has faithfully all been restored for the GBC version. It may look like a ten year old game but the gameplay could even better some games of this day and age. It is a great challenge and by no means easy. I think there are about 10-12 levels and you are expected to complete them in under an hour. It can get bloody difficult and frustrating but thats a sign of a great game.
I personally think the price of new Game Boy titles are a bit too steep, I mean you can now get some brilliant PSX games for less of the price. It is always worth checking out the bargains cause some of the best games ever made can be found!!
Fri 15/12/00 at 15:29
Regular
Someone else on planet earth actually has a Master System!!! Any idea where I can get games ect. Also, I am looking for a pc steerng wheel
Fri 15/12/00 at 18:09
Regular
"Whatever!"
Master System games are becoming very rare. I have however seen quite a few in places like Cash Convertors, and any second hand software shop. They dont have a very good range of titles, but some are worth a browse for instance R-Type, Wonderboy, Sonic, Double Dragon (classic game!!).
It is worth looking around these sort of places and you can pick titles up for cheap, anything form £5 to £10!!
Thu 18/09/08 at 01:22
"The Boss Lady"

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.