GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Shin Splits"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 17/09/08 at 17:58
Regular
"Hellfire Stoker"
Weird subject for a thread, but has anyone got a good idea about what this condition is? I've started getting pain in the calf muscles on my right leg whenever I walk at a decent speed, and wonder what's up as I was once told it was said condition.

However, it's only supposed to happen during heavy exercise. Am I seriously unfit, overreacting, or genuinely afflicted? Any actual answers appreciated!
Wed 17/09/08 at 19:22
Regular
"Feather edged ..."
El Viking wrote:
> Weird subject for a thread, but has anyone got a good idea about
> what this condition is? I've started getting pain in the calf
> muscles on my right leg whenever I walk at a decent speed, and
> wonder what's up as I was once told it was said condition.
>
> However, it's only supposed to happen during heavy exercise. Am
> I seriously unfit, overreacting, or genuinely afflicted? Any
> actual answers appreciated!

My son is a RAF Regiment Gunner - the RAF's ground attack force. He has suffered shin splints from the 'heavy pounding' due to marching etc. His Remedial PTI physios provide massage and exercise to ease the problem, but also provide better insoles to absorb the shock in the heel area. These prevent the 'shock' travelling up the leg when constantly walking on hard surfaces. His shin splints were actual fractures within the bone and so required support from an inflatable moon-boot to support the leg.

You should practice RICE - Rest Ice Compression Elevation - the leg in question must be rested higher than the groin, and ice applied for no more that 10-15 minutes, and then for not at least half an hour.

Some extra help here:Shin splint treatment

Hope this helps, but it has taken him nearly 3 months and he's had expert treatment and assistance:)
Wed 17/09/08 at 18:49
Regular
"Devil in disguise"
I used to suffer from it alot, quite painful and never seems to go away. You wouldnt normally say calf muscle pain is shin splints though I think. Depends exactly where the pain is though I suppose.
Wed 17/09/08 at 18:28
"Was the man of marz"
El Viking wrote:
> Yeah, only problem is I didn't check there first, as I'm no good
> with medical terms, and Wikipedia has a habit of using a lot of
> them!

Yes well, I just googled shin spilts and came to it.
Wed 17/09/08 at 18:17
Regular
"Hellfire Stoker"
Yeah, only problem is I didn't check there first, as I'm no good with medical terms, and Wikipedia has a habit of using a lot of them!
Wed 17/09/08 at 18:13
"Was the man of marz"
Wed 17/09/08 at 17:58
Regular
"Hellfire Stoker"
Weird subject for a thread, but has anyone got a good idea about what this condition is? I've started getting pain in the calf muscles on my right leg whenever I walk at a decent speed, and wonder what's up as I was once told it was said condition.

However, it's only supposed to happen during heavy exercise. Am I seriously unfit, overreacting, or genuinely afflicted? Any actual answers appreciated!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.