GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Game box shots"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 12/12/00 at 12:38
Regular
I was in Woolworths t'other day, and decided to have a look at some of the screen shots on the back of the PS2 game boxes. Some of them were great, such as SSX, but for some of the games they had picked God awful shots. FIFA2001 had shots of close-ups, so it looked quite blocky!

You would have thought that they'd pick the best screen shots they could find, I'm sure it isn't difficult to find an impressive shot of any PS2 games, so I'm not sure why EA chose such shoddy shots.
Tue 12/12/00 at 19:08
Regular
I noticed that too, and was worried for a while, but now I`ve seen it in motion, my worries are gone!
Tue 12/12/00 at 13:13
"High polygon count"
"Game box shots"

Was I the only one who thought this implied photographs of a Nintendo/Microsoft GameCube/X-box hybrid? :-)

Anyway...

Actually, it seems the finding a GOOD screenshot of a PS2 game is quite difficult. Look at any number of games, and they appear very, very blocky. The latest screenshots I've seen of Dead or Alive 2 look atrocious, and not much better than a PS1 game.

But if you actually see video footage of DoA2 in action, the edges are really very smooth.

This is the case with a number of games for which I've seen video footage, and I think it's probably something to do with the way they implement anti-aliasing on the PS2. There was an article on Gamespot about it ages ago, but it's long gone now.
Tue 12/12/00 at 12:38
Regular
"not dead"
I was in Woolworths t'other day, and decided to have a look at some of the screen shots on the back of the PS2 game boxes. Some of them were great, such as SSX, but for some of the games they had picked God awful shots. FIFA2001 had shots of close-ups, so it looked quite blocky!

You would have thought that they'd pick the best screen shots they could find, I'm sure it isn't difficult to find an impressive shot of any PS2 games, so I'm not sure why EA chose such shoddy shots.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.
Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.