GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
".css files - freeola question"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 17/11/02 at 12:41
Regular
Surely freeola allows uploading of css files onto a website!?!?

A friend of mine is trying to upload his site, which includes a css file and *gasp* a couple of images. The site design relies heavilly on css to display correctly, and although he claims he uploaded the css file last night, it doesn't appear to be on the site. The picutes have been uploaded too, but again don't appear to be on the site.

So, in short, he dumped his site up there last night, all the html files madeit fine, but the css file and the images have failed to make an appearance. They were uploaded into the htdocs thingy, but nothing...

Is there any special procedure to get files other than html files uploaded properly?

Help!
Mon 18/11/02 at 10:14
"Darkness, always"
Yeah, I know. He seems to have the files uploaded now, he just needs to create the folder for the images.

Previously they weren't up there at all. The css seems to functional now, so he must have gotten his act together.

Thanks anyway guys.
Sun 17/11/02 at 22:43
Regular
"How Handy."
The html of the site has the images being in an images/ folder, but they're not.

The HTML is pointing to http://www.mcc-couriers.co.uk/images/banner1.jpg, but the image is actually at http://www.mcc-couriers.co.uk/banner1.jpg
Sun 17/11/02 at 22:40
Regular
"How Handy."
can you ask your friend to take a screenshot of what the site is supposed to look like, as after checking, I dont see whats wrong with the CSS...
Sun 17/11/02 at 20:51
"Darkness, always"
all the spellings are correct, and the filenames are all in lower case. The site was prepared offline, so the only thing that coiuld make it go wrong is missing a file...
Sun 17/11/02 at 16:43
Regular
"It goes so quickly"
Check that the names are correct (spelling and CASE) as well as the file extensions, that could be something to do with it.
Sun 17/11/02 at 13:39
"Darkness, always"
http://www.mcc-couriers.co.uk
Sun 17/11/02 at 13:25
Regular
"IT'S ALIVE!!"
can you give us a link? sounds like he hasn't linked it up properly.
Sun 17/11/02 at 12:41
"Darkness, always"
Surely freeola allows uploading of css files onto a website!?!?

A friend of mine is trying to upload his site, which includes a css file and *gasp* a couple of images. The site design relies heavilly on css to display correctly, and although he claims he uploaded the css file last night, it doesn't appear to be on the site. The picutes have been uploaded too, but again don't appear to be on the site.

So, in short, he dumped his site up there last night, all the html files madeit fine, but the css file and the images have failed to make an appearance. They were uploaded into the htdocs thingy, but nothing...

Is there any special procedure to get files other than html files uploaded properly?

Help!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.