GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"I Think I'm Gonna Bite The Bullet..."

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 12/12/00 at 12:25
Regular
I think I'm gonna bite the bullet...

I *hope* to be receiving a nice bonus at the end of the month, thing is, I've got pretty much all the Dreamcast games I'm after this Xmas, I said I'd wait a while before I bought one, but what the heck, it's only money, it's there to be spent :)

You've guessed it, I've found a couple of places selling
PAL PS2's WITHOUT the preorder hoopla. I'd be paying a little over
£300 for it, but to be quite honest, I only thought of purchasing one when I see Smackdown 2 on the PSX. Weird I know.

So, c'mon on then PS2 owners, I *hope* to have £500 burning a hole in my pocket and I need your opinions ;)

Timesplitters? Any good?
SSX? Believe the hype?
Tekken Tag Tournament? Worth buying?

Thinking about ISS, but not entirely sure at the moment.

Cheers all!

Bleed(ers)
Wed 13/12/00 at 09:26
Regular
"Profit of Doom"
wookiee_monster wrote:
> > "Computer games don't affect kids. I mean if Pacman
> affected
> > our generation as kids, we'd all run around in a darkened room
> > munching pills and listening to repetitive music."
>
>
> Ho ho ho! Likes that a lot!

Me too - I got it as a 'quote of the day' in an email yesterday. So I thought I'd nab that :)

Bleed(ers)

"Computer games don't affect kids. I mean if Pacman
affected our generation as kids, we'd all run around in a darkened room munching pills and listening to repetitive music."
Tue 12/12/00 at 20:30
"High polygon count"
> "Computer games don't affect kids. I mean if Pacman affected
> our generation as kids, we'd all run around in a darkened room
> munching pills and listening to repetitive music."

Ho ho ho! Likes that a lot!
Tue 12/12/00 at 20:17
Regular
"Profit of Doom"
Thanks for your help guys!

I've already got DOA2 on Dreamcast - don't really play it that much to be honest. Think I'll give that one a miss.

I've heard mixed reactions towards Timesplitters - some like it, some don't.

Bleed(ers)

"Computer games don't affect kids. I mean if Pacman affected our generation as kids, we'd all run around in a darkened room munching pills and listening to repetitive music."
Tue 12/12/00 at 18:48
Regular
For discussions on DOA2 go to the IS DOA2 WORTH IT SITE
Tue 12/12/00 at 18:41
SSX is very good but a little shortlived in my opinion. I got sick of it after a week and a half.

ISS is THE football game its great and reflects the beautiful game well.

TTT is brilliant and definately worth getting hold of. Although as someone said in a previous post you might prefer DOA2. I havent played it so I cant comment.

The same applies for Timesplitters. I dont know anyone else near me with a PS2, so unless I buy the game myslef I dont get to play it.
Tue 12/12/00 at 18:33
Regular
I think SSX is the ultimate game around on any console, and probably will be until March when there will be loads of good PS2 titles.

TimeSplitters is also great, I love the level design, and the multiplayer. As for it being hard, its easy enough for a beginner to get his/her teeth into, whilst giving really keen gamers a real challenge to complete on the harder difficulty settings.

Tekken Tag seems good, but I would recommend the above 2.
As for ISS, its football, so forget it.
Tue 12/12/00 at 13:22
"High polygon count"
> Timesplitters? Any good?

Yes, but difficult. (Well, I think so)

> SSX? Believe the hype?

Best game out at the moment! So good it should be supplied with the machine, IMHO.

> Tekken Tag Tournament? Worth buying?

Definitely. But you *might* want to try DoA2 (when it's released) as well, in case you have a preference.
Tue 12/12/00 at 12:25
Regular
"Profit of Doom"
I think I'm gonna bite the bullet...

I *hope* to be receiving a nice bonus at the end of the month, thing is, I've got pretty much all the Dreamcast games I'm after this Xmas, I said I'd wait a while before I bought one, but what the heck, it's only money, it's there to be spent :)

You've guessed it, I've found a couple of places selling
PAL PS2's WITHOUT the preorder hoopla. I'd be paying a little over
£300 for it, but to be quite honest, I only thought of purchasing one when I see Smackdown 2 on the PSX. Weird I know.

So, c'mon on then PS2 owners, I *hope* to have £500 burning a hole in my pocket and I need your opinions ;)

Timesplitters? Any good?
SSX? Believe the hype?
Tekken Tag Tournament? Worth buying?

Thinking about ISS, but not entirely sure at the moment.

Cheers all!

Bleed(ers)

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.