GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Morality Test - Kill 1 for 1000?"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 17/11/02 at 10:11
Regular
Here's my question to you today: if there was 1000 people inside a building surrounded by terrorists and for them to survive, you have to kill an innocent child. If not, then the 1000 will die. Would you:

- Kill the child so that the 1000 can live.

- Let the child live so that the 1000 die.

I hope for some interesting answers - it's a test of morality and there is no right or wrong answer. Thanks. Flux.
Sun 17/11/02 at 10:11
Regular
"The flux capacitor!"
Here's my question to you today: if there was 1000 people inside a building surrounded by terrorists and for them to survive, you have to kill an innocent child. If not, then the 1000 will die. Would you:

- Kill the child so that the 1000 can live.

- Let the child live so that the 1000 die.

I hope for some interesting answers - it's a test of morality and there is no right or wrong answer. Thanks. Flux.
Sun 17/11/02 at 10:47
Regular
"Cardboard Tube Ninj"
Flux wrote:
> Here's my question to you today: if there was 1000 people inside a
> building surrounded by terrorists and for them to survive, you have to
> kill an innocent child. If not, then the 1000 will die.

Two questions:

What's the estimated civilian death total if we storm the building and kill the Terrorists?

Can we use John McLane?
Sun 17/11/02 at 12:45
"Darkness, always"
interesting.

What if one of the people inside the building might go on to discover a cure for cancer? What if the innocent child turns out to be the next hitler?

Pesonally, I'd kill the baby.
Sun 17/11/02 at 12:55
Regular
This scenario would never happen in reality, so it's just hyperthetical nonsense.
Sun 17/11/02 at 13:49
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
Kill the kid. Its well worth it.
Sun 17/11/02 at 14:01
Regular
"smile, it's free"
Here's another one. Suppose you are the only rescue vehicle able to attend a shipwreck. There are ten people stranded in the water, all of whom will die if you don't help them. Your craft can only hold seven people. If you overload it, there is a fifty-fifty chance that it will sink.

Do you choose seven of the people to live, and three to die, or do you take everyone but leave a only fifty-fifty chance of survival?

Decided yet?

Mathematically, you should choose the seven. People tend not to though, as they can't face the responsibility of choosing who dies.
Sun 17/11/02 at 14:05
Regular
"MildlyAmusing.co.uk"
VenomByte wrote:

> Decided yet?

Can't you just take the 7, and come back for the other 3?
Sun 17/11/02 at 14:12
Regular
"smile, it's free"
No. It's too far and they'll be dead by the time you get back. You'll also run out of fuel and a freak accident will blow your motor after the first load. Additionally, they will be attacked by sharks and drowned by a freak tidal wave.

So only one trip.
Sun 17/11/02 at 14:50
Regular
"That's right!"
How about this - a madman is pointing a gun at your best friend and your girlfriend. You have to choose which one lives... who do you pick? Eh? Eh? Eh? Good, innit?
Sun 17/11/02 at 14:59
Regular
"Cardboard Tube Ninj"
VenomByte wrote:
> Here's another one. Suppose you are the only rescue vehicle able to
> attend a shipwreck. There are ten people stranded in the water, all of
> whom will die if you don't help them. Your craft can only hold seven
> people. If you overload it, there is a fifty-fifty chance that it will
> sink.
>
> Do you choose seven of the people to live, and three to die, or do you
> take everyone but leave a only fifty-fifty chance of survival?

You put 7 in the boat and drag three behind tied to it by rope, rotating people around so that nobody gets too cold.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.