GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Win 98 Help!!!"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 16/11/02 at 23:32
Regular
Lately my Explorer keeps making illegal errors, and my Internet Explorer takes like 2 minutes to load then freezes on every page for half a minute!!! does any one know why this is happenning? i have tried virus scanning, scan disk, defrag, i have cleaned my registery but nothin seems to work! i am gettin a new computer in February but i need this to be fixed before then, can any help????????????
Mon 18/11/02 at 00:22
Regular
"relocated"
Come the revolution IE is going to be first against the wall.

I'm not a kneejerk MS hater: I like XP; I used to use Word until I realised that Open Office can do footnotes; and Visual C++ is nice if you're rich or have no morals.

But IE! My god, it's terrible. If I'm forced to use it by some terrible site that can't handle Mozilla then I always come away feeling a bit sick. And I swear that on a 56K line it's about half as fast as Mozilla. Probably because it has to check-in to the Microsoft website every five seconds and ask what security 'issues' have been 'fixed' in the last few minutes.
Sun 17/11/02 at 23:59
Regular
"Eff, you see, kay?"
I pity the fool who still uses that backdated inefficient barebones heap of junk they call IE.
Sun 17/11/02 at 22:53
Regular
"How Handy."
IE ownz j00!
Sun 17/11/02 at 11:23
Thanx for the help, i did that ad-aware thing & my computer is workin again. But if i have ne other problems ill be back :OD
Sun 17/11/02 at 01:19
Regular
"Eff, you see, kay?"
Testify!

;-)
Sun 17/11/02 at 01:15
Regular
"relocated"
Loony_lil_Dragon wrote:
> my Internet
> Explorer takes like 2 minutes to load then freezes on every page for
> half a minute!!!

That's normal behaviour for IE - in fact it sounds like you are one of the lucky ones. Use Mozilla instead.
Sun 17/11/02 at 00:29
Regular
"IT'S ALIVE!!"
phi11ip wrote:
> Adaware?

..do you work for them?
Sat 16/11/02 at 23:57
Regular
"Chavez, just hush.."
Adaware?

www.lavasoft.de

You've probably got your comp full up to the top with it!
Sat 16/11/02 at 23:35
Regular
"Acid Casual"
Try windows update. If there are no new patches I'd suggest d/l the latest IE and install that.
Sat 16/11/02 at 23:32
Lately my Explorer keeps making illegal errors, and my Internet Explorer takes like 2 minutes to load then freezes on every page for half a minute!!! does any one know why this is happenning? i have tried virus scanning, scan disk, defrag, i have cleaned my registery but nothin seems to work! i am gettin a new computer in February but i need this to be fixed before then, can any help????????????

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.