GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Recommendations for Room 101"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 16/09/08 at 14:35
"Was the man of marz"
People who only use one side of a double plug yet turn both sockets on.

American English. The spelling, pronunciation, use of additional words that already have a suitable alternative.

Those who say ‘done’ when it would be more appropriate to say “I’ve finished” or “That’s completed” (the only exception should be when a meteor is heading towards earth and ‘we’re all done for’).

Anyone who thinks you’re so stupid that they continually remind you of what the conversation is about, such as, the following deserves to go into Room 101 and anyone can add to this list of things to go into Room 101. Politicians are especially good at this because they like to be easily quotable.

Brand names, or more specifically, when entire categories are referred to by them. Examples would be iPod for mp3 players, Hoover rather than vacuum cleaners, Playstation as apposed to games consoles. There isn’t too much difficultly in saying clear and not Sello-tape, a problem occurs when you refer to a Torx bit. Can I have the five star hexagonal bits please?

Patrick Kielty. Some people are born with the ability to make people laugh, but he’s not one of them. He isn’t as bad as that kiwi on mock the week, who waits until a joke is over and then repeats it, hoping for a sympathy laugh but Patrick clearly hasn’t a witty bone in his body. This results in him trying to poke fun at everything, in an hope that someone, somewhere will find him funny which sort of makes him the real life equivalent of family guy.
Thu 10/05/12 at 18:26
Staff Moderator
"Show Me Your Moves"
The original post in this thread is the first time I have heard/read Patrick Keilty's name for about 3 years. So glad he decided to disappear of my telly box.
Wed 09/05/12 at 14:29
"possibly impossible"
Pop to the top! (a bit of a tribute to the SR days, there).

Just for Pete, who likes his recycling.

Things I hate: hacker groups, especially ones whose name begins with an A. They really do think they're doing the world some sort of favour by making it easy to steal details or going up against 'big business'.
Thu 18/09/08 at 14:44
"Was the man of marz"
I've thought a few more:
Arrogant waiters that hold their oversized pepper grinder right above your food before asking if you would like any.

The 24 hour news channel feeds that run along the bottom of the screen, with horrendous broken English that normally lacks proper grammar and includes obvious spelling mistakes.

Individuals that answer their phone mid-conversation, with out alerting you by way of having a ringing tone set, or saying hang on a sec’ etc if their phone is on silent or vibrate (also vice versa with people that randomly break off into conversation with someone else whilst you’re talking to them on the phone).
Wed 17/09/08 at 16:53
Regular
"THFC"
jubbachainsaw wrote:
>
> Darren Bent. The so called "professional" footballer
> is a waste of space, money and most of all air.

lol - nice one!
Wed 17/09/08 at 16:44
Regular
"WeAppearToBeOnFire"
People who use the same spoon to put sugar in tea/coffee after they have already used it to stir said "hot beverage" resulting in little brown balls in the sugar pot. God I hate those people!!

People who show over the top affection to their partner/victim on public transport and then oggle at you as if to say "come on watch".

People who go to buy coffee at starbucks/costa/other coffee rip off merchants when they have already had 2 or 3 cups of coffee at work and have the ability to make more cups so why waste the money on going to poxy starbucks.

People, I am becoming more and more intolerable of people.

Darren Bent. The so called "professional" footballer is a waste of space, money and most of all air.
Wed 17/09/08 at 12:50
Regular
Business "catchphrases". You've all heard of thinking outside the box. Well how about:

Blue sky thinking.
Squaring off the circle.
A bullseye on the ideas dartboard.

etc

etc.
Wed 17/09/08 at 12:49
Regular
Jeremy Clarkson - the bloke is a plank.
Wed 17/09/08 at 12:26
Regular
"Mooching around"
Saying that you're going to give anything above 100%, the common 110% grinds my gears.

The use of the word "faux" in fashion, just get over yourselves realise it's FAKE, we're not French, and don't say Vrai. (sp?)

Adverts on 4oD.

Heat, OK! and any other magazine that incourages people to care about "celebrities".

People on YouTube that think it's a crime to leave negative comments on a video.

EDIT: Machie's one as well, very much so!
Wed 17/09/08 at 02:03
Regular
Machie wrote:
> Damnit, I just had to go and
> watch it.

He's one guy I can watch and listen to no matter what he's doing, just appeals to me so much. The other is a this guy that lives in my bathroom through the portal that my toothbrush is behind. Fascinating. It's always awkward with him, whenever I go to say something, he does too, and we just end up losing eye contact and walk out. Wish he'd pay more attention to his physical appearance though.

So thanks for that Machie, very enjoyed!
Tue 16/09/08 at 22:33
Regular
"Hellfire Stoker"
George Galloway
Chavs
The tabloid press
Dell speakers (I'm using them right now, and they are poor)
Violent Crime
People who describe terrorist groups as 'Freedom Fighters', when oh-so-often they are obviously not fighting for anything of the sort
Tonsilitis
"Reality" TV
Low-grade "comedy" such as Friends

...I could go on, but I won't.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.