GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Stupid insects"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 15/09/08 at 11:44
Regular
I always want to be a good person and to help those in need, even the little guys. So when I rescued a drowning fly yesterday I was quite proud of myself and was sure the fly was thanking me as he flew away.

Just now I went into a room upstairs and noticed a small moth at the window, trying to break through the glass. So I stepped up, Machie the hero for the little guys. I opened the window and blew gently on the moth to encourage him towards his freedom. Success! He was outside and flying into the sky. He was no longer a prisoner trapped in this room, I had once again saved the day!

Or so I thought. Not long after winning his freedom he flew down onto a fence and got caught in a spiders web. "Damnit!" and before I could attempt a second rescue, a spider leapt on the moth and ended its life. 0_0 By the time I got down the stairs and into the drive way the spider was already spinning the moth up ready for its dinner.

Next time I won't bother.
Tue 16/09/08 at 22:31
Regular
"eat toast!"
M.A.D eh? Not to worry i have a 3 strike rule (first is accident, the second time is coincidence, third time its war) or implement the when-i'm-bothered-to-start-a-war doctrine.

Mind you we had a couple of invasions from ants and it became a harsh battle to get them out of the sweety box and the sealed jars of honey. I lobbed them out of the window in the hope they survived to get eaten by something.
Tue 16/09/08 at 19:58
Regular
"@optometrytweet"
I think the attacks have stopped after i threatened them with the lynx bomb...unfortunately it ruins the house as well (hence the avatar)
Tue 16/09/08 at 19:17
Regular
"eat toast!"
2002- just a number? wrote:
> spoonbeast wrote:
> Yes i too wonder when you took up the mantel of the only anime
> fan on these forums. Clearly there are more of them around
> (they're hiding!)
>
> Does Skyland count?

probably.

War has been averted so far at home. Fly scouts and spider skirmishers haven't been reported. Moth infiltration still present but heavy talks has allowed a ceasefire to each other. They are expected to naff off or face the full arsenal of general "havoc" "spoonbeast"
Tue 16/09/08 at 18:58
Regular
"@optometrytweet"
spoonbeast wrote:
> oh well, it was destined to die. Either by machies hands or by
> someone else. I seem to find a lot of moths and spiders entering
> my home and frankly i'm almost prepared to declare all out war.

All out war has already been declared between me and the bug world. Constantly coming up against spiders the size of a mobile phone and fleets (ok, swarms, but it sounds more war-like) of flies.

*shudders at the thought of spiders*
Tue 16/09/08 at 11:41
"Was the man of marz"
spoonbeast wrote:
> Yes i too wonder when you took up the mantel of the only anime
> fan on these forums. Clearly there are more of them around
> (they're hiding!)

Does Skyland count?
Tue 16/09/08 at 10:41
Regular
"AkaSeraphim"
Machie wrote:

> Next time I won't bother.

Yeah id give up too :P
Tue 16/09/08 at 08:39
Regular
"eat toast!"
Yes i too wonder when you took up the mantel of the only anime fan on these forums. Clearly there are more of them around (they're hiding!) and besides if i remember correctly you didn't watch anime central which is nothing sort of heresy. But its not as bad as some of those damn fanboys who took it upon themselves to pray for the only uk channel to anime demise. Something i never truly understood.
Mon 15/09/08 at 23:53
Regular
Machie wrote:
> spoonbeast wrote:
> Ah, so you're a fan of azumanga daioh eh? one of my fav anime
> shows. Especially incredible when its immensely girly stuff,
> but
> the humour is fantastic.
>
> Yep, I'm the resident anime/manga fan, the only fan of the forum
> unfortunately.

?
Mon 15/09/08 at 22:34
Regular
"eat toast!"
Its the absurdity that makes it entertaining. Especially the episode when they reveal several characters dreams and its immensely hilarious as to whats happening.

Ah anime central you had enriched my life so much, a pity you died an early death. Oh well, i'll remember it for letting me watch GITS, planetes, witch hunter robin, cowboy bebop, visions of escaflowne, wolf's rain and of course GI Joe.

Actually the latter one is a lie. Gi joe wasn't anime and it was cringe worth bordering on absolutely terrible.

I want to get more anime, but the problem is that i'll only watch them once and thats it...
Mon 15/09/08 at 22:17
Regular
spoonbeast wrote:
> Ah, so you're a fan of azumanga daioh eh? one of my fav anime
> shows. Especially incredible when its immensely girly stuff, but
> the humour is fantastic.

Yep, I'm the resident anime/manga fan, the only fan of the forum unfortunately. :( Azumanga is great, It's a good one to recommend people who arent too keen on anime, even though it is about 5 teenage school girls ;) Osaka and Miss Yukari are my favourite characters.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.
Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.