GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Is anyone else disappointed with the ps2?"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 11/12/00 at 15:03
Regular
Surely im not the only one who can be thinking this, but the PS2 is not as good as everyone thinks, or wants it to be.
I pre ordered mine but have decided got to waste another £280 to pick it up. I played it at a freinds house and to say i was disappointeed was an understatement. The games may look nice ( although they dont look as good as most dreamcast games, Dead or Alive 2 for example which looks better on the DC) but there is no depth or real playability to them. This was a massive fault with the PSone, which only had 4 or 5 games worth buying unless you like buying pointless niche games or enless FIFA or Tomb Raider games that are all exactly the same. I know that launch titles are never very good normally ( N64 being the only real exception)but now games companies are beginning to leave as well. For example, metal gear solid will now be on the X-Box and there are rumours of a Game Cube version as well. Highly anticipated games like Munch's Odessy will now not be on the system at all. Developers all around the world have complained about how hard it is to programme for.
Some people will have bought it for the DVD platback, but this is universally rubbish. You cant use the scart connector unless you like watching movies in green, and even with a composite lead, it is blooky and prone to breaking up. Its not disasterous, but its not as good as was hoped.
Althougfh die hard Sony fans wont admit it, im sure they have all felt a tinge of disappointment with there so called breakthrough console that doesnt really measure up to the Dc, let alone to the more powerful X-Box or Game Cube.
I for one am waiting for the Game Cube which i think will be fantastic.
Fri 15/12/00 at 01:46
squidgy wrote:

> although they dont look as good as most dreamcast games,

Did you just buy wild wild racing then? Try playin SSX with the closest camera view, it's like a movie, "you know if you just, like, go with the music" you'll find it alot better.

> Dead or Alive 2 for example which looks better on the > DC)

No it doesn't, magazines have said this, internet sites have said this, whoops they must be wrong suidqy says otherwise.

> there is no depth or real playability to them. This was > a massive fault with the PSone,

And this is from someone who is talking about SEGA, SEGA are renowned for making great arcade style games, not depth

> which only had 4 or 5 games worth buying
only for or five games worth buying? more then the saturn, "wos a saturn?" i here you say

> I know that launch titles are never very good normally > (N64 being the only real exception)

Ummm got me there. oo oo N64 games got worse. j/k

>but now games companies are beginning to leave as well. >For example, metal gear solid will now be on the X-Box

Tiz still on the PS2

> Some people will have bought it for the DVD platback, > but this is universally rubbish. You cant use the scart > connector unless you like watching movies in green,

It isn't rubbish what i can tell of, unless you have a rubbish t.v? thought it went green with the old sony leads, doesn't with the scart the give you.

> Although die hard Sony fans wont admit it, im sure they > have all felt a tinge of disappointment with there so > > called breakthrough console that doesnt really measure > up to the Dc, let alone to the more powerful X-Box or >Game Cube.

I must not of raised my hopes to high, it has the best games for a launch, the N64 had good launch games at his time, but there not so great now.
Fri 15/12/00 at 01:30
he said are you 12 squared.

I some people(squidgy) expected the PS2 to make it's greatest games from the start, compare the games to other consoles launch titles and you'll see the PS2 launch games are better then any other launch title.

*thinks* hmmmmmm i wonder if all these little newbie names are ppl that just want to have ago at anyother console without anyone finding out who they are.
Thu 14/12/00 at 21:23
Regular
What tha hell are you talking about ssxpro.
Tue 12/12/00 at 19:12
Regular
Are you 12^2 or simply 144, because there aren`t any other squares around here!
Mon 11/12/00 at 18:34
Regular
Sorry for dissiing you but i think that what you say isn't fact.
Mon 11/12/00 at 18:27
Regular
By the way mfer means muthaf***er.
Mon 11/12/00 at 18:25
Regular
You are talking b******t. mfer. Ps2 is superior.
Mon 11/12/00 at 15:03
Surely im not the only one who can be thinking this, but the PS2 is not as good as everyone thinks, or wants it to be.
I pre ordered mine but have decided got to waste another £280 to pick it up. I played it at a freinds house and to say i was disappointeed was an understatement. The games may look nice ( although they dont look as good as most dreamcast games, Dead or Alive 2 for example which looks better on the DC) but there is no depth or real playability to them. This was a massive fault with the PSone, which only had 4 or 5 games worth buying unless you like buying pointless niche games or enless FIFA or Tomb Raider games that are all exactly the same. I know that launch titles are never very good normally ( N64 being the only real exception)but now games companies are beginning to leave as well. For example, metal gear solid will now be on the X-Box and there are rumours of a Game Cube version as well. Highly anticipated games like Munch's Odessy will now not be on the system at all. Developers all around the world have complained about how hard it is to programme for.
Some people will have bought it for the DVD platback, but this is universally rubbish. You cant use the scart connector unless you like watching movies in green, and even with a composite lead, it is blooky and prone to breaking up. Its not disasterous, but its not as good as was hoped.
Althougfh die hard Sony fans wont admit it, im sure they have all felt a tinge of disappointment with there so called breakthrough console that doesnt really measure up to the Dc, let alone to the more powerful X-Box or Game Cube.
I for one am waiting for the Game Cube which i think will be fantastic.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.