GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Game A Day Donations"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 11/12/00 at 12:24
Regular
I was just checking out the game-a-day winners page, and it was absolutely brilliant what SR and the rest of you have done. As i have said before, my son was resident in hospital at christmas time, although he was in Alder Hey, liverpool, and not at G.O.S.H. It was a very unhappy time for us as we didn't know whether his first xmas would be his last. Although the staff at the hospital did their best to make it a wonderful xmas for all, they suffer from limited resources, and i doubt that any childrens ward could ever stretch to buying a PS2.

Anyhow, we were lucky. My son is 4 next month, and although he will need a few more operations, he is doing well. He still needs a lot of support, he has a serious speech difficulty, and he has been diagnosed with a learning difficulty. He attends a special unit for speech therapy at a nearby village, and over the past 12 months, he has made good progress. All this is a far cry from his first year in hospital, whilst at Wrexham hospital, he contracted Hepatitis, and whilst at Alder Hey, he was diagnosed as having Meningitis.

So you can see the debt that we feel we owe to the various institutions that helped to give us our son back. And i would like to pledge that if i win the game-a-day prize, i would not hesitate to donate it to what i believe is the nobelest of causes.

Well done SR, and well done to all you people who have made this possible.

Kieran0601.

P.S. The Fantavision that i won raised £35.50 for my son's speech therapy group. Thanx Ali, and all at SR.

MERRY CHRISTMAS AND A HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL.
Tue 12/12/00 at 22:07
No all you have to do is email specail reserve at the address on the main page and say you want to donate the game you win to charity.
Tue 12/12/00 at 20:18
Regular
Seeing as I've won both WWF No Mercy and Perfect Dark I'll hold back my greed and donate the next game I win (if I win at all!).

Is there anything special I have to put on the email?
Tue 12/12/00 at 20:08
Regular
"I like cheese"
Well said Kieran!! Where is your son's speech therapy group??? If I win, I'll donate the game (or money) to wherever your son's speech therapy group is. Good luck in the future for him!!
PS- The charity thing finishes on Thursday though, so I will try to win by then. Or, I'll ask SR to give the game away anyway.
PSS- What's the PS2 like?? I took a look at the back of the PS2 games today and found myself being a tiny little bit dissapointed with the graphics on Timesplitters, X-Squad and Silent Scope, as well as Smuggler's Run. Are the graphics better than on the back of the box???????????
TTT, ISS and SSX all look great though, and the others still looked very good. Anyway, I CAN'T WAIT TILL JANUARY!!!
Thanks for reading, Ant.
Tue 12/12/00 at 19:31
Regular
I completely agree!!
Mon 11/12/00 at 12:41
Regular
"not dead"
The charity appeal is a great thing, and it's good to see people donating their prizes. I'm lucky, I've never spent much time in hospital but I have a daughter, and a second child on the way, so I'm only too happy to donate anything I win this month, as I couldn't imagine how hard it must be for the children in hospitals over Xmas and their families. Anything that makes their lives a little better is a good thing.
Mon 11/12/00 at 12:24
I was just checking out the game-a-day winners page, and it was absolutely brilliant what SR and the rest of you have done. As i have said before, my son was resident in hospital at christmas time, although he was in Alder Hey, liverpool, and not at G.O.S.H. It was a very unhappy time for us as we didn't know whether his first xmas would be his last. Although the staff at the hospital did their best to make it a wonderful xmas for all, they suffer from limited resources, and i doubt that any childrens ward could ever stretch to buying a PS2.

Anyhow, we were lucky. My son is 4 next month, and although he will need a few more operations, he is doing well. He still needs a lot of support, he has a serious speech difficulty, and he has been diagnosed with a learning difficulty. He attends a special unit for speech therapy at a nearby village, and over the past 12 months, he has made good progress. All this is a far cry from his first year in hospital, whilst at Wrexham hospital, he contracted Hepatitis, and whilst at Alder Hey, he was diagnosed as having Meningitis.

So you can see the debt that we feel we owe to the various institutions that helped to give us our son back. And i would like to pledge that if i win the game-a-day prize, i would not hesitate to donate it to what i believe is the nobelest of causes.

Well done SR, and well done to all you people who have made this possible.

Kieran0601.

P.S. The Fantavision that i won raised £35.50 for my son's speech therapy group. Thanx Ali, and all at SR.

MERRY CHRISTMAS AND A HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.