GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"BOOK MARKING A WEBPAGE WITH FRAMES"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 11/09/08 at 00:04
Regular
"wheres the Any Key?"
hiya,i have a web page that uses frames and have a bookmark link, but when you click the bookmark link it only bookmarks the frame the link is in. Can anyone help me with the html code to bookmark the whole page including all frames? many thx for your time and help in advance.
Sat 13/09/08 at 00:05
Regular
"wheres the Any Key?"
gr8 reply thx for the advice
Fri 12/09/08 at 10:30
Regular
"Ctrl, Alt, Woof"
Hi Tappet, Hmmmm.. is right about frames being troublesome. If you are just using the frames for layout purposes then you should ditch them and re-organise you site using Layers (
tags). If you are using choices from a menu frame to display the selected page in a main frame then you should really investigate using PHP includes (see seperate threrad in this discussion) - it's much neater and eliminates your frame problems.

If you want to keep your frames then Hmmmm..'s advice to use Javascript is correct - try this (abviously replace my site details with your own) - and I've put it in a layer as an example of a
which you can remove:

I hope this helps.
Fri 12/09/08 at 01:39
Regular
"wheres the Any Key?"
many thanks for the advice
Thu 11/09/08 at 13:06
"Are you sure?"
Hi,
I'm not a fan of 'frames' as they can cause quite a few issues - one of which you've found!

If you really need to use frames I think there are ways around this by bookmarking the target page and using JavaScript to restore the 'frame'.

If you want to try this then Google's your friend!

Search Freeola Chat
Thu 11/09/08 at 00:04
Regular
"wheres the Any Key?"
hiya,i have a web page that uses frames and have a bookmark link, but when you click the bookmark link it only bookmarks the frame the link is in. Can anyone help me with the html code to bookmark the whole page including all frames? many thx for your time and help in advance.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!
Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.