GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"RARE departure- a blessing or a mistake"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 14/11/02 at 11:45
Regular
When i found out that Rare partners with Nintendo, started up a new contract with Mircosoft i felt pretty angry they said that new games for the gamecube will be arriving as soon as it came out. But instead Kameo never saw the shops and starfox adventure didnt show up until november and Rare said that it would be in stores summer time. Now coming to winter and it still isnt here. And now some great characters are now being seen in Xbox games like conker, banjo and joanna dark from one of the best games on the N64 perfct dark. I hope that nintendo has a plan to show people that they maybe the last of the old skool game companies but still with the times.
Thu 14/11/02 at 20:41
Regular
SQUARE ARE MAKING games for the gamecube now u nonces and Rare's games have declined when microsoft gives them a short deadline to get games released u'll see underpar games and anyway most of the ppl who made Goldeneye are in Free Radical
Thu 14/11/02 at 20:39
Regular
"Must be Parkinson's"
silicon knights seem to be up for it.
Thu 14/11/02 at 20:35
id say its a mistake rare are recognised as one of the leading manufacturers of quality computer games and i worry that gc does not have another company ready to fill the gap that rare has left. Also dont forget square were originally on nintendo but after coming to sony square were selling consoles just so people could play the final fantasy series. was it a mistake for nintendo not to secure sqaure on nintendo consoles and will we be saying the same in a couple of years for rare
Thu 14/11/02 at 17:30
Regular
"Rong Xion Tong"
Insane Bartender wrote:
> My view on the whole Rare thing, from Nintendo's point of view, as
> coined in LOTR:
>
> "It is a gift!"

BY SEAN BEAN!!! NEVER FORGET!
Thu 14/11/02 at 13:00
Regular
Your Honour wrote:
> Umm, not really. Didn't Nintedo have to pay loads out over the whole
> over pricing games thing?

but they saved up for it, and they'd still have £160million change (all in pennies?)
Thu 14/11/02 at 12:18
Regular
"Remember me?"
How poetic.
Thu 14/11/02 at 12:18
"Darkness, always"
My view on the whole Rare thing, from Nintendo's point of view, as coined in LOTR:

"It is a gift!"
Thu 14/11/02 at 12:08
Regular
Umm, not really. Didn't Nintedo have to pay loads out over the whole over pricing games thing?
Thu 14/11/02 at 11:56
Regular
A blessing, because it gave ninty lots f money to develop new games, and maybe get some companies to develop games exclusively for them like Capcom with Resi
Thu 14/11/02 at 11:54
Regular
"Remember me?"
With a vengence!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.