GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Simian's Browser-Game thread"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 09/09/08 at 15:22
Regular
"Opposable thumbs"
For those that like to sneakily play silly, time-wasting games at work, or the bored folks that want a quick blast on a random game,I have trawled the internet in my metaphorical internet-fishing boat for interesting browser-based games.

Action/Platform Games

The Fancy Pants Adventure - A really fun platformer, coupled with some fantastic animation.

Alien Hominid - Hard-as-nails platform-shooter. Has also been ported to gamecube, PS2, and more recently Xbox Live.

Dad 'n Me - A game much in the vein of Streets of Rage and other scrolling beat'em ups.

Defence games

Ballon Invasion - Shoot invading balloons. I'm rubbish at this.

Desktop Tower Defence - Defend your desk from an invasion.

Age of War - Start from cave men and defend your way through time.

Football Games

Magical Kicks - Penalty Shoot-Out game.

Slime Soccer - Footy, with slime.

Puzzle/Quiz/Gameshow Games

Deal or No Deal - For those of you who like Deal or no Deal....

Portal - The Flash Version - A flash take at Valve's successful puzzle game.

Misc Games
Hedgehog-Launch - Launching hedgehogs in the air never gets old.

Linerider - A physic engine toy, where you can make a course for your sledge to race round.

Shoot'em Up Games

Mercenaries 2: World nearly in flames - Frantic shoot'em up game, based on the recent console version.

Strategy Games

Pandemic 2 - Addictive, but hard game where you have to create a killer virus and wipe out humanity.

Ultimate Defense - A game very much like the Japanese strategic RPGs on consoles.

Zombie Games

Boxhead - The Zombie Wars - Defend from a zombie invasion, great fun.

The Last Stand 2 - I guess it wasn't really the last stand if there is another, eh? This sort of has the same jist as Boxhead - defend against swarms of zombies, but its a little more in depth.

Feel free to post any interesting browser-based game on here, which I'll stick on the list.
Sun 28/09/08 at 15:52
Staff Moderator
"Show Me Your Moves"
Age of War is fun but becomes insanely easy once you get 4 turrets set up.
Fri 12/09/08 at 17:17
Regular
"THFC"
them games are the best type, the ones which you know your not enjoying that much, but you must complete it!
Fri 12/09/08 at 16:42
Regular
"Mooching around"
I'm actually addicted to Balloon Invasion! I must finish all the the levels however repetative they are!
Thu 11/09/08 at 14:09
Regular
"Mooching around"
Love hedgehog launch, hate games like Desktop Tower Defence.
Thu 11/09/08 at 10:19
Regular
"THFC"
Simian - the mercenaries link need to be broken as it carries on for a while (thought id let you know)

plus your a bad influence i got lots of work to do but i keep playing games! So if i get sacked i reckon you pay my wages lol
Wed 10/09/08 at 15:44
Regular
"THFC"
Simian,

this is a pretty good game, is actually part of the franchise!

Mercenaries 2 - World Nearly in Flames

Also

Age of War
Is a nice little game, had a lot fo fun on here, and getting through boring moments of work!
Wed 10/09/08 at 12:02
Regular
"THFC"
ButchML wrote:
> This game got me through college, basic but incredibly
> addictive!
>
> Roberto
> Baggio's Magical Kicks

Yea i used to play this - great game! good football game
Wed 10/09/08 at 11:58
Staff Moderator
"Show Me Your Moves"
This game got me through college, basic but incredibly addictive!

Roberto Baggio's Magical Kicks
Wed 10/09/08 at 11:57
Regular
"Opposable thumbs"
Indeed. As I said, if anyone comes across any more gems, I'll update it.

Yeah, the hedgehog one is pretty addictive, I think the furtherst distance I got was about 40,000 ft travelled, and I managed at the end of all the upgrades to launch him into space, heh.

Update: For those of you using Firefox as your browser, download Fire Nes - its an addon that lets you play classic NES games from your browser.
Wed 10/09/08 at 11:34
Regular
"THFC"
just good to give people a quick link to fun games. We got our bargain one, now we can have the Free one lol

EDIT: i played the hedgehog game some time ago and thought that was pretty fun. i like the RPG elements in them kind of games

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.