GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Networking probs"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 13/11/02 at 12:54
Regular
I've just dismantled my small network at home between two computers to join a larger network elsewhere. However, when I tried to plug back into my old small network recently it has suddenly stopped working.
I've tried all the basic stuff like File and Print sharing, making sure I have a client, protocol etc. installed, but neither computers will recognise each other. I did change some setings when joining the other network, but I have changed all these back to how they were before.

I even tried running a game and trying to find it on the other compueter, but even that doesn't work. Any of you techno network-wizards got any ideas? Cheers!

I'm running Windows 98 SE by the way.
Thu 14/11/02 at 14:46
Regular
"Wotz a Tagline...?"
AMD_MAN wrote:
> Have you changed any passwords?, try removing all protocals form both
> systems then put them back in and set up ip addresses manually.
>
> c.b.

I don't have any passwords on anything, should I?
How do I re-install the protocols, and set up IP addresses. I'm not too technically minded you see. :-(

Thanks for your help.
Thu 14/11/02 at 14:44
Regular
"Wotz a Tagline...?"
AliBoy wrote:
> Are they connected directly or through a hub?
>
> Could be something as silly as a problem with the wire you are
> using.
> Also are you running any firewall or internet security software as
> they may have blocked the IP of the other computer or may need to be
> set up to allow your other computer to access it.

Connected directly.
There is no problem with the wire as I had it running fine a few days before, so I think that's OK.
I have no firewall, no internet connection so no need.
Does that make things any clearer?

Thanks for your help so far.
Thu 14/11/02 at 11:45
Regular
Have you changed any passwords?, try removing all protocals form both systems then put them back in and set up ip addresses manually.

c.b.
Wed 13/11/02 at 18:57
Regular
"Picking a winner!"
Are they connected directly or through a hub?

Could be something as silly as a problem with the wire you are using.
Also are you running any firewall or internet security software as they may have blocked the IP of the other computer or may need to be set up to allow your other computer to access it.
Wed 13/11/02 at 12:54
Regular
"Wotz a Tagline...?"
I've just dismantled my small network at home between two computers to join a larger network elsewhere. However, when I tried to plug back into my old small network recently it has suddenly stopped working.
I've tried all the basic stuff like File and Print sharing, making sure I have a client, protocol etc. installed, but neither computers will recognise each other. I did change some setings when joining the other network, but I have changed all these back to how they were before.

I even tried running a game and trying to find it on the other compueter, but even that doesn't work. Any of you techno network-wizards got any ideas? Cheers!

I'm running Windows 98 SE by the way.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.