GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Ryder Cup"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 22/09/06 at 10:32
Regular
"@RichSmedley"
Don't know if anyone else is interested in the Ryder Cup but I thought I'd start a thread to discuss it.

Currently the scores are:

P Harrington / C Montgomerie vs T Woods / J Furyk
1 DOWN after 10 holes

P Casey / R Karlsson vs S Cink / JJ Henry
3 UP after 9 holes

S Garcia / JM Olazabal vs D Toms / B Wetterich
1 UP after 8 holes

D Clarke / L Westwood vs P Mickelson / C DiMarco
ALL SQUARE after 7 holes

So the Europeans have made a good start lets hope they can keep it up!
Sun 01/10/06 at 20:44
Regular
"@RichSmedley"
I watched the American Express World Tour Championships today and some of the shots were unbelievable.

I try to play golf and I think it's only when you play a sport and then watch the pros playing it that you realise how good they are.
Sun 01/10/06 at 20:03
Regular
"Too Orangy For Crow"
I'm not sure if it's the same as anyone else, but I've found that I appreciate how difficult golf is because I've played the game for a few years now. It's a reason why I don't mind watching it.

Europeans are currently better as a team, Americans are better at Major Championships. In Golf anyway.
Sun 01/10/06 at 17:23
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
Grandprix wrote:
> *waits for Kawada with a USA chant* :D

Seeing as we still pwn you when it comes to Major wins ...........

USA USA USA USA USA!!! :-D

(though can't say i give a toss about Golf really, one of the most boring sports ever IMO)
Sun 01/10/06 at 16:49
Regular
"Too Orangy For Crow"
Yep, I watched a bit of the Ryder Cup. Europe were definitely the better side and deserved the win and it turned out a pretty comprehensive victory as well.

Woods just doesn't look like his dominant self in the team event but I don't think even if he was, the score would have been much different. Maybe it would have inspired the team a little.

I thought Casey had a great tournament, particularly in the singles on the final day. The hole in one was a great way to end the match on the Saturday. Verplank got one on the same hole but it was all a bit late.

I think the American consensus of the match was right. Europe seemed to get early leads and grind out points and halves. They punished American mistakes and made more putts.

So, that's 3 Europe wins in a row for the first time. Nowhere near the American record of 7 but at least Europe are starting to eat into the American lead in the overall record. It's just a shame Europe can't put more of a fight in the Mosconi Cup...

*waits for Kawada with a USA chant* :D
Sat 23/09/06 at 17:44
Regular
"Colourless"
HOLE IN ONE.
Fri 22/09/06 at 11:02
Regular
"Colourless"
Am defo interested. Have been watching all morning. :)
Fri 22/09/06 at 10:32
Regular
"@RichSmedley"
Don't know if anyone else is interested in the Ryder Cup but I thought I'd start a thread to discuss it.

Currently the scores are:

P Harrington / C Montgomerie vs T Woods / J Furyk
1 DOWN after 10 holes

P Casey / R Karlsson vs S Cink / JJ Henry
3 UP after 9 holes

S Garcia / JM Olazabal vs D Toms / B Wetterich
1 UP after 8 holes

D Clarke / L Westwood vs P Mickelson / C DiMarco
ALL SQUARE after 7 holes

So the Europeans have made a good start lets hope they can keep it up!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.