GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"ONE OF THE WORST COMPUTERS YOU CAN BUY!"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 12/11/02 at 19:00
Regular
I think one of the worst computers you can buy is the PLAYSTATION 2.Why you ask?Well at christmas i got a playstation 2 and it was not working right e.g.the disc tray was sluggish, my DVD player wasn't working right and blue sparks came out of the memory card slot 1, so i swapped mine for a gamecube and i was much more satisfied.A couple of my other friends had to change theirs too because they weren't working right.Although it has really good games i would defineatley not get one.So in conclusion if you are thinking about getting a playstation 2 think again.
Tue 12/11/02 at 21:26
Regular
For a long time, I have said that computer firms provide poor support when things go wrong. At least with a console, it is looked up on as some sort of domestic device like a Video recorder. This I find is better when things do go wrong. A shop or other source seem more likely to replace a console compared with a PC.
Tue 12/11/02 at 19:36
Regular
I am going to buy a Playstation 2.

*Thinks again*

I am going to buy a Playstation 2.
Tue 12/11/02 at 19:34
"Stupid Newbie :D"
Crappy computer companies? Heck, they're all junk, can only really rely on custom builds from trustworthy places now.

Dell, Packard Bell, Tiny, PC World, Gateway *hisses*, Time...

All overrated crap, with inept goons answering their "technical support" queries, and a "you've bought it, tough" attitude. Some of them even have the nerve to print that on their website.

Burn them, maim them, bludgeon them with a big stick; it doesn't particularly matter what form of punishment you think up so long as you don't give them your money. ;)
Tue 12/11/02 at 19:28
Regular
i was satisfied at PLAYSTATION 2
Tue 12/11/02 at 19:25
Regular
"MildlyAmusing.co.uk"
1122345 wrote:
and blue sparks came out of the memory card slot 1,

That's where I stopped reading.
Tue 12/11/02 at 19:24
Regular
nope, TINY, there's even a hidden slogan

Tough
It's
Now
Yours

First letters spell out TINY.
Tue 12/11/02 at 19:20
Regular
"Max Power"
the worst computor is a packard bell they allways crash
Tue 12/11/02 at 19:03
Regular
sPiKeCaSt wrote:
> Since when has the PS2 been a computer? hmm..
probably because it computes bibnary digits translating them into proper data which is know as computing (just a guess), or it could be because it has a CPU inside (maybe)
Tue 12/11/02 at 19:01
Regular
"bit of a brain"
Highly dubious.
Tue 12/11/02 at 19:01
Regular
"Touched!"
Since when has the PS2 been a computer? hmm..

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.