GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"How important is Lastability???"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 09/12/00 at 19:48
Regular
Remember when CD games 1st came out, people envisaged Sonic the Hedghog with hundreds of times as many levels (due to the incresed capcity), a game that would last for ages.
However today we have DVDs and still the games that last forever are few and far between. How important is Lastability to you??, take Metal Gear Solid, great game...but no replayability once its been completed so much so you may as well have just rented it. then theres Goldeneye, a great 1 player game and an even better multiplayer game that keeps you playing it, even now years after its release.
how important do you think lastability is???
Sun 10/12/00 at 00:25
Here are some of the games Ive found have great Lastability, aswell as playability:

Goldeneye(N64)
Driver (PS1)
MarioKart (SNES)
Mario 64 (N64)
FIFA 98 (PS1)
Zelda 64 (N64)
Cannon Fodder (Amiga)
Monkey Island Series (All formats)
SuperTennis (SNES)
Point Blank (PS1)
WWF Warzone (PS1)

Any more????
I must admit I love the Resident Evil style games, DinoCrisis etc... But the lastability can be poor as you can complete them in next to no time. Your right Tetris is probably the ultimate game for lastability.....The gameboy is the worlds best selling machine.(Thanks Largely to Tetris)
Sat 09/12/00 at 23:02
Regular
Lastability is VERY important when it comes to games!

I buy games so that I can have some fun then come back to them when I'm bored of something else! Tetris was like that and that's why it's still a bestseller!

I hate getting games (spending £20 or more) when they don't even last as long as the time it took to gather the moey to buy them! I do buy a lot of the budget PC games though! They have a huge lastability! Especially the worms games!

Shoot em ups or First person Shooters as tehy are called now are usually long lasting games! Especially the PC classics like Doomand Duke Nukem but some of the new ones I haven't even heard of!

RPG's and racers last a while too! It's mostly puzzle games and gmes with too much FMV which don't seem to last very long (except Tetris whi I want for my GBC!)

Lastability is the most important part of the game other than playability. These 2 are the most essential features of any game! You don't need 3D graphics and surround dsound with huge FMV's which make the games last 3 or 4 disks as long as you have Lastability and Playability!
Sat 09/12/00 at 19:48
Remember when CD games 1st came out, people envisaged Sonic the Hedghog with hundreds of times as many levels (due to the incresed capcity), a game that would last for ages.
However today we have DVDs and still the games that last forever are few and far between. How important is Lastability to you??, take Metal Gear Solid, great game...but no replayability once its been completed so much so you may as well have just rented it. then theres Goldeneye, a great 1 player game and an even better multiplayer game that keeps you playing it, even now years after its release.
how important do you think lastability is???

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.