GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Corrupted data"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 12/11/02 at 14:06
Regular
Does anyone know what I should do.It used to be a GT Concept save but it corrupted and cant be deleted.Everytime i try to delete it it keeps giving error messages
Tue 12/11/02 at 17:51
Regular
There's nothing worse than a corrupt memory card. Just because they organise the files shouldn`t mean they can get away with skimming a little off the top for themselves, its just not right.
Tue 12/11/02 at 17:06
Regular
"Touched!"
I never trust 3rd party products, they have a habbit of either breaking or in the memory card's case, getting corrupted!
Tue 12/11/02 at 16:55
Regular
It tends to be a result of doing what they tell you not to -

"Do not turn off the power when saving"
"Do not remove or insert memory cards when the power is on, or during saving"

etc...

Another cause can simply be poor quality third party memory cards that seem to come programmed that way. You put in your memory card, and instantly its corrupted.
Tue 12/11/02 at 14:35
Regular
"Ar-gen-tina!"
Im afraid theres nothing you can really do, just means that those few clusters on your memory card cannot be used as they are corrupted, a good thing to do is every so often delete unwanted data from you memory card.
Tue 12/11/02 at 14:28
Regular
"50 BLM,30 SMN,25 RD"
I've only once got corrupted data, and it happened when I turned off Burnout while it was auto-saving. I was frustrated and didn't stop and think. Anyway, I could delete the file without any problems so it must be something specific.
Tue 12/11/02 at 14:21
Regular
"A man with a stick"
Sorry can't help you, I'm in the same situation myself. My Burnout 2 save is gone, corruppted and when I chack my memory card I see I have 3 spaces of corrupted data which for some reason can't be deleted.
Tue 12/11/02 at 14:06
Regular
Does anyone know what I should do.It used to be a GT Concept save but it corrupted and cant be deleted.Everytime i try to delete it it keeps giving error messages

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.