GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"So I just bought a PS3..."

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 05/09/08 at 23:55
Regular
"previously phuzzy."
And I'm looking now, after thinking it was a super-idea, to find some ways to justify this extravagance.

What can I do with it, aside from the playing the 3 bundled games? What cool ways can I integrate it with my PSP, media, and other players / consoles etc? Any particular hints and tips for doing immense stuff that anyone has?

I'm all ears :)
Sat 06/09/08 at 10:19
"possibly impossible"
Bear in mind I'm writing this on a smartphone, so it won't be a ling list...

1. streaming.
From a PC or mac you can use a wired or wireless network to stream music, movies and pictures to your ps3, very useful if you have your ps3 in a different room.

2. Storing media
You can use either the internal HDD or an external one to store media locally and play it back, meaning that you could store all your dvds and play them back on demand through the ps3.

If you've got up to date firmware on the psp you can register it through the usb cable and keep your ps3 in standby, then remotely turn it on and stream all that media from ps3 to psp.

3. Buy some Blu-ray discs or upscale your dvds to watch them in HD.

4. Download movie trailers, songs etc in HD.

5.Find an An austrailian or American address on google and set up new accounts on psn, as the Aus one has loads of music videos and the us one has new movie and blu-ray trailers as well as different game demos. Also the Jap store has some interesting game demos including GT5, if you can understand where to put the address when registering!
Fri 05/09/08 at 23:55
Regular
"previously phuzzy."
And I'm looking now, after thinking it was a super-idea, to find some ways to justify this extravagance.

What can I do with it, aside from the playing the 3 bundled games? What cool ways can I integrate it with my PSP, media, and other players / consoles etc? Any particular hints and tips for doing immense stuff that anyone has?

I'm all ears :)

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10
Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.