GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Connecting PS2 to your Hi-Fi"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 09/12/00 at 19:12
Regular
I have a connection for my old PSX that connects the console to the TV and Hi-Fi, which made the sound on games such as Wipeout unbeatable. Will the same lead work for the PS2, or do I need a new one? I hope it works, cuz I have Gladiator on DVD, and would love to hear it through my speakers. (The sound on SSX is amazing too!)

Also, if this old lead does work, will it reduce the quality of the picture?
Wed 13/12/00 at 19:56
ps god bless blockbuster and all who rent from her !!
Wed 13/12/00 at 19:51
yes and no

american psycho - yes
chicken run - no (macrovision type flashes)
gladiator - didn't try

it seemed to be dependant on the disc.
Wed 13/12/00 at 13:58
Regular
No change in picture quality?
Sounds good!!!!!!
Tue 12/12/00 at 22:10
So Jimbob, can you connect your PS2 with your leads to a VHS videorecorder...and get good quality???
Purely for reason of backing up your DVD movies of course!!
Tue 12/12/00 at 21:00
No effect on picture quality, just much better sound.
Mon 11/12/00 at 19:43
Regular
I`m glad to hear it works. When I go home next week, I`ll connect it up! However, I am still concerned it may affect picture quality. Did you notice anything different or was it just as good?
Mon 11/12/00 at 18:51
I've connected my psx2 to my hifi with my old psx scart lead (with separate audio leads) it work a treat.

Gladiator is definitely a neighbour pleaser. For best results, pop to Richer Sounds and buy a DTS capable home cinema hifi amp with optical inputs, and connect via a fibreoptic cable. A bit pricey, but that what Christmas is for.
Sun 10/12/00 at 12:43
Regular
I`ll be going home at Xmas, and will be able to test out different cables with my Hi-fi, until then I`m in the dark. As for the surround speakers from SR, they sound good too, and they`re bound to work, so perhaps that`s the best way.
Sat 09/12/00 at 23:45
I was wondering about this one. I thought that it was a great idea as Sony speakers I have sound really great! But then I wondered about something: How!? It says you can and stands proud, but it does not exactly tell you how, as I don't know what connections I would need to do this! Any ideas? I also wondered something else. Would it be better to connect them to my 2 Hi-Fi Speakers, or buy those Soundbeats 2 PS2 Speakers??? The Soundbeats has 2 Speakers and a Subwoofer, and costs £44.99 from SR!
Sat 09/12/00 at 19:12
Regular
I have a connection for my old PSX that connects the console to the TV and Hi-Fi, which made the sound on games such as Wipeout unbeatable. Will the same lead work for the PS2, or do I need a new one? I hope it works, cuz I have Gladiator on DVD, and would love to hear it through my speakers. (The sound on SSX is amazing too!)

Also, if this old lead does work, will it reduce the quality of the picture?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.